My Jango Fett build

Discussion in 'Jango Fett Costume' started by Demonhuntr, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Demonhuntr

Demonhuntr New Member

Sorry bout the lack of updates. The cold has mostly hindered my oppurtunities to work on this, dont have a heated workspace :(.

We did order some pinstripe materials and made a list of stuff still to do which was a bit more than I figured:

Pinstripe Helmet
    Motorize Range Finder
    Repaint Armor
    Craft the wings for the saber dart
    Cut a hole in the flakvest for the jetpack (dreading this one)
    Weathering the armor/flightsuit

and a multitude of small things. But im commited to getting this finished this year, its taken too long already and the finish is in sight!

2. MrSWman

MrSWman Jr Member

It’s a long process from start to finish but in the end, it’s all worth it when you suit up. Good luck on the rest of your build and I look forward to following along.

3. Demonhuntr

Demonhuntr New Member

I know updates have been slow. But last weekend i sat down and re-sanded everything down hopefully in preparation of the final layer of paint. Its all super smooth now.
    If anyone has any recommendations paintwise (thats available where i live RIP :D) I prefer Motip for the quality but finding the right color is key.
    Looking to work on this some more when the weather clears up and i can actually sit outside

4. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Which colors are you looking for? I know in the Jango media gallery section there are some RAL colors listed and since RAL is prevalent throughout Europe those should be available to you in the NL.

Demonhuntr likes this.
  5. Demonhuntr

Demonhuntr New Member

Do you have a link to a specific one? I'm familiar with the RAL system but the material you spray it on can conflict with the color listed.
    I'll have a more proper look through the gallery when i get home but thx for the tip!

6. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Here is the one for the Arena Jetpack

full?d=0.jpg

And here is the one detailing the helmet and flightsuit colors

full?d=0.jpg

7. crumdum

crumdum Member

8. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Ah yes the CRL requirements did change very recently. Undented Jango helmet can only be worn with Z-6 classic jetpack and the Dented Jango helmet can be worn with either Jetpack (Z-6 or JT-12).

9. Demonhuntr

Demonhuntr New Member

Great... So i gotta buy a new helmet or mod my one, more expenses wooo.

Also im looking for the color of the metal/silver/iron parts. I got pretty decent blue's. Everytime i end up spraying it feel like its too silvery/white.
    But thanks for the tips/info. Gotta consider if I want to keep building now. So close to the finish line i dont really feel like buying new major parts.

10. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Is Rub N Buff available in NL? That's a common product (the silver leaf variety) that gets used for the metal pieces. Otherwise I would grab a few spray cans of different chromes/aluminum colors available locally and do some test painting on scraps and see what you like the best.

Demonhuntr likes this.
  11. Demonhuntr

Demonhuntr New Member

Isnt Rub&Buff more like a coat to put on top more than actual paint? I can get some from the UK or Germany but wouldnt i still need a basecoat?

12. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

I believe you would only need a primer coat down first before applying RnB.

13. Lighty2627

Lighty2627 New Member

This is true. Primer only.

14. TheBobaFett

TheBobaFett Member

Make sure the surface you apply on is very smooth.

15. Kdogg211187

Kdogg211187 Jr Member

Might I suggest a black primer as well. It will help the silver to really "pop".