My gauntlets

Buckeye 01

Active Hunter
I started on my gauntlets last night. First off I will say that there was very little clean up to do on them. They are about 95% ready to paint out of the box. I got everything painted, but only the left one has been weathered. These are Ruffkin gauntlets (niiiice items and worth the $$) painted in Claret Wine satin (krylon). I also misted a little charcoal black over the left one. I know the light and switch is incorrect, but what are ya gonna do. They are topically weathered, and yes, I goofed in 1 or 2 places (can you figure out where :)) I still need to paint a few of the buttons on the calc pad. Please post your comments good and bad. :cheers

132090045.jpg

132090044.jpg

132090048.jpg

132090051.jpg

lookin' good! that reminds me, i'm short a couple of switches on mine. maybe i'll make one of them actually do something, like turn the LED on and off.

I have finished my left gauntlet. It is misted with black, and matte sealed. I am not to happy with the rocket though. I had to mix paint several times to get a color I liked that was close to the tip color in the AOSW pics. Eventually I will get a machined part to replace it with. My pops was by for dinner tonight and I had him model it for me. I am still working on the right one. I have it about 80% weathered. I had lots of trouble with the bic lighter thingy too. I will post those pics here pretty soon. As always, please post your comments good or bad.

132542961.jpg

132542958.jpg

132542955.jpg

132542952.jpg

Your guants look great, it makes me more excited and eager to start mine.
I just recieved a set of Ruffkin guants as well, ive been trying to find out how i would go about attaching the flamethrower, rocket, greeblies. Did you just use some sort of glue, screws, apoxy? I also read that if not drilled correctly that they will crack?? Any help would be nice.

Hm.. velcro for gauntlet attachment. Not a bad idea. I should be getting my kit in a two and a half months. I thought I'd have to use glue or stuff like that

You'll be a happy dude when those Ruffkins arrive! I only had to clean up a couple of edges, and some light sanding on the resin parts and I was ready to paint. The dental expander, calc pad, and FT were attached with thick CA. With the thick you have some time to postion your stuff before it dries. My rocket isn't fixed yet. I plan to get some 10x32 self tapping screws to attach it. I think the resin rocket is pliable enough to put small self tapping screws into it. I am using industrial strength velcro. Good stuff!

Buckeye_01 said:
You'll be a happy dude when those Ruffkins arrive! I only had to clean up a couple of edges, and some light sanding on the resin parts and I was ready to paint. The dental expander, calc pad, and FT were attached with thick CA. With the thick you have some time to postion your stuff before it dries. My rocket isn't fixed yet. I plan to get some 10x32 self tapping screws to attach it. I think the resin rocket is pliable enough to put small self tapping screws into it. I am using industrial strength velcro. Good stuff!
I would pre-drill the holes for your screws, othewise you might split the part! Of course make the hole dia. smaller that the screw so it will hold. Just my 2 cents. I held mine in place with painters tape while I drilled the holes to keep the piece from moving.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back