Helmet My First Helmet (W.I.P) Need tips and advise

BobaFresh

Hunter
Hello! I am so excited to be making my first official W.I.P. So I have been working on this amazing CC Jango Fett helmet that I got from Cruzer for the past couple of weeks and I thought I should show you guys my progress and see if there’s any improvement that may be need.

However, at the moment, I don’t have that much done with it because I have been very busy lately. I already got my helmet pre-trimmed, So, what I have done so far is, I have buffed the helmet and I have drilled out the ears holes.
upload_2018-8-10_14-52-7.jpeg
upload_2018-8-10_14-54-13.jpeg
upload_2018-8-10_14-54-46.jpeg
upload_2018-8-10_14-53-29.jpeg

So my plan is to put a Servo in the range finder. That’s why the hole for the RF may look a little big. My uncle is helping me with the servo and he drilled a little indentation in the rangefinder so the arm has something to hold on to.
upload_2018-8-10_14-59-38.jpeg
upload_2018-8-10_15-0-14.jpeg

And here is the servo box We’re using.
upload_2018-8-10_15-1-16.jpeg

I have also got some of the hardware to install the visor. They are 6-32 T-nuts.
upload_2018-8-10_15-3-15.jpeg

So while I doing this I just want hear and tips you guys have. I just want to ask if you guys think that my helmet is buffed enough?

If you're looking for more shine, you could always polish it with some aluminum polish. I use Mother's brand but any brand aluminum polish should work.

So I’m starting to paint to day. I plan on using 350 grit sandpaper to lightly scuff the painted areas. Then I’m going to use a light grey primer and then paint the dark blue. Is there any advise you guys will give about this painting process l?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back