My First Helmet paint attempt (ROTJ)

MasterEdi

Jr Hunter
After waiting a year for my Bobamaker helmet, it finally arrived this last week. So this is my first time ever trying to paint a helmet. Here's where it's at ... Still more to do, but I'm excited about how it coming along...:)
image.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!... It helps me to keep going. I'm not that fast though, just got so excited to be able to start. I've barely started the back of the helmet. Lol!

Are you using an airbrush?

No... I don't own one :(... I'm using acrylics in glazes with brushes. Here's my steps, dremmeled damage, painted silver, used some masking fluid for damaged areas, painted top greens, painted reds, painted Forrest greens, unmasked. After that I dremmeled some more and adjusted a lot of areas (which I am still doing) I'm going about it the least effective, quick, or smart way. Lol!... Oh well live and learn. I'll post the back and side shots soon, still working on them.
image.jpg

Looking great so far! (y)
You've done all this with brushes??? That's it. . . I quit.
Lol!..More like I've struggled through with brushes and a lot of cursing... I've seen so many great posts on paint ups now, I feel like an idiot the way I went about this whole thing. Lots of rookie mistakes... I've seen some of your stuff going through in the cargo hold Superjedi, they look amazing! Not yet there, but trying and learning
... Btw I want those gauntlets!!! :( ... But I need to save some cash for Celebration 7 this week,..

Thanks! Lots of TDHers will be roaming around at C VII.
Hopefully you'll be able to make it to the dinner/hangout that's being planned. :)

FANTASTIC!! ..and with brushes to boot... id say you'll be a pro in no time! For me the biggest hurtle was doing that first helmet. Once you do it once, you learn and get better at your methods and techniques, and of course the final product..but this looks outstanding bud, very nice work!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back