My Boba Upgrade Build

Sounds good, boots done! (minus spikes, I'll get those put on a little later) Next is new knee pads and Jet pack assembly!!!

recent progress: began making knee pads out of plastic piping, rigged cod piece and kidney armor attachment via key board keys, began making dart launchers from steel and aluminum tubing.

DSC01631.JPG

DSC01632.JPG

DSC01633.JPG

DSC01634.JPG

DSC01635.JPG

DSC01636.JPG

Boots done, just now finishing up the knee pads (paint job is being a pain, Ill have to do a little touch up) and jet pack is assembled, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

DSC01664.JPG

Knee pads done, just need a little velcro to hold them in place when being worn, and a waist down test fit. next on the list- painting the jet pack!!! After that, if all goes well the only things Ill have left to upgrade/ make/ replace is the ammo belt (have one on the way), girth belt and wookie braids. Im also still waiting on my gauntlet darts in the mail, shouldnt be long now- I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

DSC01666.JPG

DSC01667.JPG

DSC_0154.JPG

DSC_0155.JPG

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC01642.JPG

Came across this girdle work out thing of my wifes while rummaging through a closet, and I said hey!!! a jet pack harness!!! so i sewed some straps to it and viola!!! Jet pack has been harnessed!!, and It works too, Ive been flying around the house on my computer chair all morning lol!! A few minor mods to ensure its hidden under the flack vest and maybe some comforts padding on the shoulders but it was an awesome home find surprise!

DSC_0153.JPG

DSC_0154 (2).JPG

DSC_0156 (2).JPG

I must say that I am growing increasingly frustrated, pist off even!!! Every time I mask of a section to paint, it ends up peeling off all over the place!!! GRRRRR!!!! But I have the majority of the color in place, Ill go and touch it up by hand with a brush, I have to add the finer details by hand anyways, Ill persevere as always, but man does it erk me that the **** paint wont stick to the pack, I sanded and primed, did everything right and it peeled right off. Ill be encasing the pack in a shell of clear coat for sure lol

DSC01680.JPG

DSC01682.JPG

A few more scratch marks and a tad bit of weathering, Jet pack is 99.5% done, I can work on something else for a bit.

DSC01688.JPG

DSC01690.JPG

Thanks!! Just some minor details left before I can deem it wearable, or try a first attempt submission for acceptance. I just finished braiding my new wookie scalps and got my ammo belt. And I just realized last night that I still need to paint the chest emblem on. And a couple pieces of hidden velcro to hold a few pieces of armor in place and Ill be ready for a full dress rehearsal!

Some of the finishing touches on a few items: gauntlet darts finally came in, got the chest emblem painted on and wookie braids done up

DSC01695.JPG

DSC01696.JPG

Full dress rehearsal and test fit.

- - - Updated - - -

Girth belt and Hasbro blaster are the two obvious upgrades still needed, but I think its looking pretty good, I still dont have a mannequin, so its hard to tell how its coming together with out putting it all on.

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0167.JPG

DSC_0169.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost forgot about this thread, Ive moved to my new one "working on approval" in case any one was following this, here are some pics of where I stand now, some necessary improvements have been made

DSC_0162.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

DSC_0163.JPG

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back