Blaster MPP Flash Tubes

Thread from the dead...

Roman Props is doing another run of MPP tubes.

What would be needed to use this for ESB EE-3?
Cut to length? Any additional holes drilled?

This depends on which EE-3 kit you have. I have Sidewinder's kit and I was able to slide my roman's MPP inside without having to modify the MPP tube.

This depends on which EE-3 kit you have. I have Sidewinder's kit and I was able to slide my roman's MPP inside without having to modify the MPP tube.

I also have a Sidewinder! I didn't realize it was open along the barrel. Thank you.

I'm going to order from Roman. He said he hopes they should be arriving in a few weeks.

I placed my order for one of these a few weeks ago. I’m so excited to have a nice replica cause god knows I can’t afford a real one. :lol:

I was a bit disappointed to find that my new Romans MPP tube is stamped with an "1138" tell on the outside at the muzzle end. Did anybody else get one like this? The location might make sense for a lightsaber since the "1138" would be hidden by the shroud, however, it's in a bad place for an EE-3 barrel. I guess I'll be using the Parks MPP tube instead.

My Romans (old style) also has it stamped 1138. I know the real MPP has engraved numerical markings on it but I haven't seen any example of the markings in this location. It doesn't mean it hasn't happened though.

Last edited:
The 1138 serial number was put in as one of the built in tells that its a replica so as to help avoid the possibility of someone swindling others claiming its real given what they’re going for these days.
There’s a few variants of serial number placement on vintage MPP’s, some have the serial number horizontally across the roll of the tube, others vertically down it like this replica, and still others like the RAF electro penciled further down the tube.
We’ve no decent shots of that side of the ESB MPP tube that are anywhere clear enough to make out what variant the original was, so it honestly could be any of them

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back