Sadly the DVD event was very shortnoticed canceled, so I couldn't wear my Jango today.
However therefor I hadn't to finish the JP temporarely.
As promised I got a lots of new pics for you from the progress I made, which took much much more time that I have anticipated (well, you know the price for accuracy surely yourselves.
So I concentrated on the jp mainbody first, which is now finished except some details which will be added later (like the "plate stripe" etc.).
To the pics:
1 Before I sealed the mainbody I glued and taped the exhaust vent to it. I added two screws from the maintube through the backplate to secure it and give the whole construction more stability.
2+3 I refined the shape of the backplate by cutting the sides to get the same angle as the sideparts above and sealed them after adding some further restrengthing between the backplate and the outer backplate curved hull.
4+5 As I never would have finished before the DVD event, I fastly constructed a TEMPORARY
rocketsection with two bottlenecks, the tubecap and some constructionpaper and cardboard. Which I testfitted on the now sealed body.
6-8 With the measures from the blueprints I built up the side steps and the upper spine. The sidesteps were a little tricky to bend because their curved parts but with a little smart cutting and taping that can be solved easily. Also added the spine which shows the only obvious flaw from screenaccuracy I deliberatly made, as the tube part coming out of the mainbody is NOT smaller in diameter than within the mainbody, which led to a slight modification of the frontpart of the spine. However I included details such as the small sideplates into where the frontplate disappears into the spine piece (wooh, difficult description, hope you all are able to sort out my cryptic texts :rolleyes ).
9-11 With all the pieces in place I added my favorite part, the curve from the mainplate into the frontplate, "embracing" (or integrating) the main- and sidetube, which adds that certain "that's it" feeling to it, making it the real deal and what is missing on most scratchbuild jp I saw.
Although it's simply a piece of construction paper, it turned out great. I just love it! :love
12-14 With the mainbody finished (and originaly the event ahead) I started to cover the mainbody with papermache, which should cover all the gaps and holes and smoothen the whole piece. Before starting I just added elastic straps covered with vaseline around the side tubes (upper and lower end) which I hope to be able to remove clearly after finishing the papermache work, so they will leave those borderlines, which are supposed to be there.
Although due to all the printing on the newspaper the shape isn't optically defined very good, I think it turned out not bad.
I will add a coat of silver paint tomorrow, just to test how it really looks like. :confused
...more to come...