MLC Jet Pack retired...New one on way...

I found a good pic of the beacon; I know a few aluminum-workers make a 3-tier design, but the 'real deal' has four. :)

Thanks to Brak's Buddy for the reference shot.

beacon.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v715/batninja/Fett Progress 2006/beacon.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
man, Now I have to get a new :jet pack
I can't be seen with last years accessories, can I?

Anybody want this old outdated pack? (joking, of course)
;)

jetpack 083.JPG

SEEKER said:
You could paint my new when i get it. :)
If it would make you happy, sure.
Now, if i "accidentally" ship my pack to you instead, you wouldn't hold it against me would you?;)

slave1pilot said:
If it would make you happy, sure.
Now, if i "accidentally" ship my pack to you instead, you wouldn't hold it against me would you?;)

That would be the best Christmas anyone could have.

Hey guys!
My apologies for not visiting TDH lately as I'm involved with a lot of projects that its hard to go online to hang-out.
Anyway, yes the old molds are showing its age & we're about to remold anew. Unfortunately, I only have a small window of opportunity to work on this, thus I would be electing Rex to gather some info, pics & other references to aid me in this endeavor in just 1 week. Due to the time constraints, if you have close-up pics of the actual jet pack - kindly send them to either me or Rex so I could expedite the work on it asap. I'm sorry for the rush, but its all the time I could invest on it before we mold it.
My email: mlcallanta@yahoo.com

Also, I would be trading off the first version 2 prototype - so check out the "Cargo Bay" in the next few weeks :)

As always, thank you all for your kind consideration in helping us achieve a better product!

Mardon (MLC)

mlcallanta said:
Hey guys!
My apologies for not visiting TDH lately as I'm involved with a lot of projects that its hard to go online to hang-out.
Anyway, yes the old molds are showing its age & we're about to remold anew. Unfortunately, I only have a small window of opportunity to work on this, thus I would be electing Rex to gather some info, pics & other references to aid me in this endeavor in just 1 week. Due to the time constraints, if you have close-up pics of the actual jet pack - kindly send them to either me or Rex so I could expedite the work on it asap. I'm sorry for the rush, but its all the time I could invest on it before we mold it.
My email: mlcallanta@yahoo.com

Also, I would be trading off the first version 2 prototype - so check out the "Cargo Bay" in the next few weeks :)

As always, thank you all for your kind consideration in helping us achieve a better product!

Mardon (MLC)

folllow the link...great pics here: http://www.gotmaulkreations.com/gallery/MLC-REVISIONS-05

and more coming from SEEKER in the next couple of days...

Also, please take your time with the revisions. I am not going to assume to speak for everyone here, but given your track record of dedication and service, I believe allowing time for you to TRULY accurize this thing is well worth waiting for- especially given the competitive circumstances , where accuracy has become a benchmark factor to even be in the game.

In sum, please take your time, get it right and put out the most accurate pack out there.

Got Maul said:
folllow the link...great pics here: http://www.gotmaulkreations.com/gallery/MLC-REVISIONS-05

and more coming from SEEKER in the next couple of days...

Also, please take your time with the revisions. I am not going to assume to speak for everyone here, but given your track record of dedication and service, I believe allowing time for you to TRULY accurize this thing is well worth waiting for- especially given the competitive circumstances , where accuracy has become a benchmark factor to even be in the game.

In sum, please take your time, get it right and put out the most accurate pack out there.

hehe, im asuming you mean the most acurite ROTJ pack out there ,right?;)
cause it would be great to make a truely acurite ESB version to. especialy sence theres not alot of good pics of the ESB one. sept for that promo one where it shows a great shot of the pack from the back. i wish i knew where that one was.

AH HA! i found it!. ok i was wrong again. the rocket base it the same. (i wonder why it looked different in that other shot? but w/e) the packs are the same aparently sept for the round tip of the rocket. heres a great pic you can use MLC
3.jpg

1.jpg

Gator Fett said:
However, I did not see a vote for the vents on the bottom of the center tank. The vents on the current MLC run front to back, while the vents on the real pack run side to side. Can you add this comparison to you voting site?

Gator

Has anyone discussed this already? :eek: From what I can see, it depends on the pack you're making. The pre-pros go one way and some other packs go the other way. The front-back vents have a differently shaped vent form with a small lip around it while some side-side examples are simply a flat looking plate with vent lines. Take your pick.

Looking forward to seeing the new pack!!!!

Here's a list of things the stand out to me. Some of these I took from Gotmauls pics.

Let me know if there's anything else you guys could think about. Let's try to get this out to MLC and Bounty Haunted ASAP.

MLC and REX if you guys need this images full rez let me know. I'll be out of town Friday-Tuesday of Christmas weekend.

Turo

http://www.r2ro.com/mlcrev.htm

hope we could get them all.:D

with all this resource there is no question that this will be the MOST ACCURATE pack !! great job Turo !

Heya everybody!

I'd like to thank each and everyone for all your help. Mardon is hard at work already (I'll be posting a WIP pic soon) and he's got all of Seeker / GotMaul's info as well.

Sorry I haven't been around the last few days, I've had a deal at work that needed to get done, and it's been all-consuming. A tremendous amount of effort nearly was down the tubes (4 months worth), it took all my resources and diplomacy to get it accompished. :)

But, it's done. :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

So, I'll be able to get to all my PM's...:eek: There's alot of them, so please be patient.

take care all, and

Merry Christmas!

-Rex

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back