measurement help!!!

ryan101011

Jr Hunter
Hi everyone,

I was wondering how thick this part of the helmet is..

Thanks in advance, Ryan

16gxuup.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm aiming for 3-4mm.

I think due to the moulds the helmet tends to naturally thicken at several points with the visor being one of them because of the way the material builds up by the depression of the visor. The keyslots is another. Looking at the uniform thinness and tidyness of the production helmets makes me think the keyslots might be a totally seperate piece added in. I couldn't say for sure. A picture of the inside of the PP2 plays into that theory a bit but I could be utterly wrong so someone with more expertise would be needed to comment.

image.jpegDidn't measure it but tried to keep it looking as even as I could and there was a line formed around the opening that I sanded it back to. Not sure if that's helpful or not.

I'm aiming for 3-4mm.

I think due to the moulds the helmet tends to naturally thicken at several points with the visor being one of them because of the way the material builds up by the depression of the visor. The keyslots is another. Looking at the uniform thinness and tidyness of the production helmets makes me think the keyslots might be a totally seperate piece added in. I couldn't say for sure. A picture of the inside of the PP2 plays into that theory a bit but I could be utterly wrong so someone with more expertise would be needed to comment.

Thanks as well !!!

Thanks as well !!!

Actually let me revise that estimate up and say 4 - 5mm. The flat cheek sections on the helmet I'm working on are 3mm and they're pretty thin so 4-5 (and nearer 5) will be better.

Changed mind due to getting the calipers out and measuring.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back