Mannequin?

Thanks! Thought I’d share in case it helped anyone out. The hands were my one nit-pick about the mannequin. 100% happy with it now

My wife is gonna flip when 10 of those little tripods show up at the house. That'll give me 30 digits to spread out among my Fetts!
Holy cow!!!
Question: How did you connect the flexible digits to the inside of the hand?
I'll take some more pics tonight or this weekend of the process. Basically, the holes were small enough that i was able to shove them in there pretty snug. Next, I'm going to shoot some foam in there to solidify everything. Lastly, I might go over the fingers with some electrical tape so they slide into the gloves a little more smoothly.

I sampled several different tripods for flexibility, circumference, and length.

Here are the exact ones I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BCTPNR3/ref=twister_B09J8FNK49?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

How do you keep the armor from falling off? I have a Stormtrooper costume on a mannequin and the Velcro keep coming unstuck and peaces fall off after about a month. Just wondering if you had any tricks or tips to keep the armor on.

How do you keep the armor from falling off? I have a Stormtrooper costume on a mannequin and the Velcro keep coming unstuck and peaces fall off after about a month. Just wondering if you had any tricks or tips to keep the armor on.

I’m not sure about stormtrooper suits, but the armor on my Mando is attached with Velcro and magnets and doesn’t seem to fall off.

Yeah, I've have replaced the digits on all but one of my life size Fetts with those tripod legs. The realism of the pose improves significantly with realistic grips...
I’m in the process of modifying a cheap mannequin for my trooper armor and almost bought the wooden model hands to hack and install in the mannequin

So glad I stumbled upon this build.. I’ll be going the tripod route now!

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back