Mando helmet -Rustoleum Metallic paint test

I did graphite over rustoluem silver but got really splotchy results. I wonder how important it is to sand the helmet before rubbing in the graphite? Could that be the reason the graphite looks so uneven?

I used Rustoleum Chrome and got this affect. I had just sanded back a gray primer layer, so it hasn't been painted beneath. These images are right after being painted so it is still a bit wet (hence the 'dimple' look on close inspection)

I've since sanded it back, and am attempting a 'Charcoal Gray gloss' undercoat, with the same chrome on top. I'll report back with the results.
All rustoleum brand/colors that you find at walmart
Is this the one you used?

i really like the look of rust oleum flat black then dark steel then weathered steel then flat clear coat with grated charcoal sticks almost to a powder
mixed in layers of the clear coat to dirty everything up

i also put in a undercoat( over the flat black ) of a hammered finish silver( then ds and ws ) on some parts to really sell the beat up old look

that rattle can trigger on that type of cans are a little different to use but with a little practice you can get a really even finish

happy Friday
btw your test parts look really good

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back