MAN of WAR, Fettpride and Ruffkintoy gauntlets comparison pics

there were some minor changes so they were not a 100 percent exact but, It was pretty clear the gauntlets etc. were the same, size, shape, width etc. For instance the shin tool with the oval holes in it was changed to have a sharp end instead of flat. I'm sure if you ask the man of war he would tell everyone the truth

there were some minor changes so they were not a 100 percent exact but, It was pretty clear the gauntlets etc. were the same, size, shape, width etc. For instance the shin tool with the oval holes in it was changed to have a sharp end instead of flat. I'm sure if you ask the man of war he would tell everyone the truth

4 years ago, reference was a lot more scarce than today, so similarities with don post makes sense... it was one of the only sources of reference out there.

now that much time has gone by, i think that this is just going to cause confusion. we're talking about the provenance of sculpts that are 4+ years dead.

his gauntlets are no longer nearly as big as they were anyway.

I'm sure he has made changes but i'm sure it was easy when 99% of the work is done. His stuff looks good i just think it too expensive given that there was no real "sculpting" involved.

I'm sure he has made changes but i'm sure it was easy when 99% of the work is done. His stuff looks good i just think it too expensive given that there was no real "sculpting" involved.

I'm not quite putting on a moderator hat just yet, but I'm not really sure I see where this is going. So far nearly every post you've made on the board has involved MoW and your accusations of him recasting from a Don Post statue. Here and in a jetpack thread.

Do you have some particular beef with MoW?

no, i was just saying that i thought paying that much for copies is crazy. But no, i have nothing against him so i'll quit, sorry

I think this is a very informative thread with no intent to harm directed at anyone. If anything, I think it is very helpful for someone considering buying gauntlets to be able to determine which size would work best for them. Taking into the fact that there is no "one size fits all" armor (including gauntlets obviously), I think it's great that there are multiple vendors out there producing different sizes of stuff for all of us.

Having recently discovered how incredibly difficult it is to sculpt these things, my hat's off to all you guys who have been able to make these things...you should all pat yourselves on the back because you are truly artists

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is a very informative thread with no intent to harm directed at anyone. If anything, I think it is very helpful for someone considering buying gauntlets to be able to determine which size would work best for them.

But there's still the "it's a 4 year old thread" issue ;)

Fettpride and Man o War have both done new gaunts since this comparison was done, and I don't think Ruffkin is even a member of this board anymore.

The Man o War ones are a very different size now. I think I had his 2nd or 3rd revision after those and they were actually really tight / small on me. One of the reasons I made my own was that the MoWs were too tight.

If anything, resurrecting just muddies up the waters more, because people will go looking for stuff that's not available anymore. Or go looking to MoW for big ones only to find them way way smaller now.

Don't get me wrong, this was an AWESOME thread when it first came up. It's just not particularly relevant today. I keep harping on that so that people who inevitably only read the last 2-3 posts will know that it's super old :)

I wasn't aware that this was an old thread (guess I should have looked at the date huh? lol) Anyway, thanks for clearing that up STG! Regardless, I have lots of respect for all the artists who have done those pieces...not an easy task by any means

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back