male corset/slimming torso device?

This is an odd question, but I'll ask anywho.

I'm currently in the process of losing weight to look good in my eventual boba fett costume (lost 12 pounds as of right now! w00t!) and I'm not concerned about the gut any longer, but I still have the flab here and there and lovehandles on the sides that may look awkward with the fett costume. Are there any devices or shirts or something to slim me temporarily to tide me over until I lose all the weight?

All that comes to mind now is a tight underarmour shirt perhaps, but I don't know how much that would slim me down.
 

TeamFett

Active Hunter
The vest should cover it up pretty good. The girth and ammo belts should also help, since they're already in the spot where love handles are. If you want to slim down underneath, then I'm guessing tight underarmor would be the best temporary solution. But if you keep working at it, then you should probably lose enough weight by the time the costume is done. (and congrats on the 12 pounds already lost.)
 

pennywise

Well-Known Hunter
Dav'sa Arman said:
This is an odd question, but I'll ask anywho.

I'm currently in the process of losing weight to look good in my eventual boba fett costume (lost 12 pounds as of right now! w00t!) and I'm not concerned about the gut any longer, but I still have the flab here and there and lovehandles on the sides that may look awkward with the fett costume. Are there any devices or shirts or something to slim me temporarily to tide me over until I lose all the weight?

All that comes to mind now is a tight underarmour shirt perhaps, but I don't know how much that would slim me down.
That's funny you should bring up this topic, I too have been trying to slim down so my Fett suit won't look silly. I was laughing at myself the other day that it took a Boba Fett costume to motivate me to lose weight.:lol:
 

Ashaman

New Hunter
pennywise said:
That's funny you should bring up this topic, I too have been trying to slim down so my Fett suit won't look silly. I was laughing at myself the other day that it took a Boba Fett costume to motivate me to lose weight.:lol:
Dude...it took my Stormtrooper costume for me to be motivated too to lose weight too. :lol: Well...that plus the fact that I refuse to buy new jeans with a higher waist number. That would be admiting defeat in the "Battle of the Buldge". And I refuse to go down like a portly punk!
 
Ashaman said:
Dude...it took my Stormtrooper costume for me to be motivated too to lose weight too. :lol: Well...that plus the fact that I refuse to buy new jeans with a higher waist number. That would be admiting defeat in the "Battle of the Buldge". And I refuse to go down like a portly punk!


Well, I've been trying to slim down for more than the fett reason as well. For one, I'll look better for it. Two, I need better cardio, both for health reasons and because I'm a pankration fighter (UFC/K-1/Pride FC type stuff) and I do some weapons arts, and I can't improve on anything at the weight level I'm at now. So there's a lot of benefits.

A lot of lean guys with good muscle mass tell me the same thing: aside from exercise, they always suggest a specific change in eating. Six days of the week of eating healthy and choose one day of the week to be your "Junk food" day. Your body needs the fat that's in junk foods, believe it or not, but the amount that we eat them in North America can be too much and one day a week is perfect. One, because it gives a good amount of fat that you can burn during the week anyways, and two because it makes it easier in changing the eating lifestyle, as you don't get cravings if you treat yourself once a week. The link below is the diet they suggest to me:

http://www.ict-silat.com/nutritional_eating.htm
 

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
pennywise said:
That's funny you should bring up this topic, I too have been trying to slim down so my Fett suit won't look silly. I was laughing at myself the other day that it took a Boba Fett costume to motivate me to lose weight.:lol:

Hmmm...

For you guys with complete costumes... you can make a little extra cash as motivational speakers! ;)

Or create a new workout video.... Fett Bo! :lol: :lol:
 

BH795

Hunter
Hello, I'm new to the board but I can tell you this.....I was a Cop for 10 years before I had to go out on injury Condition and it works. Set One Day Aside for your junk food day and the pounds are gone. Also a Tip. When you get hungry eat white rice mixed with salsa. It may sound funny but it's good and it takes the weight off. That's How I slimmed down for both my police academys. I lost like 29 lbs. in 4 weeks. I still do it to fit into my fett Costume. Try it. Trust me.....
 

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
My "slimming torso device" is my Nordic Trak! :D

It works. I do 60 minutes a day, every day.

On the days I have my son, I play the PS2 with him while doing my workout. 60 minutes zoom by when we are playing SW Battle Front II! :lol:
 
Ripcode said:
My "slimming torso device" is my Nordic Trak! :D

It works. I do 60 minutes a day, every day.

On the days I have my son, I play the PS2 with him while doing my workout. 60 minutes zoom by when we are playing SW Battle Front II! :lol:


Heh, I feel so much better now! My cardio is up, I've gotten more muscle mass, and I've lost 4 more inches off my waist. I still sweat profusely, but it feels good to shower after a good sweaty workout. Initially I went from 52 to 46 inches. Now that I recently checked, I went from 46 to 42 inches! my belt feels like a hula hoop now!
 

Ripcode

Well-Known Hunter
Dav'sa Arman said:
Heh, I feel so much better now! My cardio is up, I've gotten more muscle mass, and I've lost 4 more inches off my waist. I still sweat profusely, but it feels good to shower after a good sweaty workout. Initially I went from 52 to 46 inches. Now that I recently checked, I went from 46 to 42 inches! my belt feels like a hula hoop now!

Excellent! Keep it up! (y)

Get yourself a leather hole punch. You can use that on the belts as you slim down. It's cheaper as you don't have to buy belts as often.

And it's always handy to have another tool! :D
 
cookiemongoloid said:
Good job, we are all proud of you. No more Mr. boba fatt for you slim Jim

Oh, I've still got quite the spare tire, but luckily, I've found a new love for crunches and sit-ups and all the good stuff!
 
Top