LostDreams build. Buying isn't as easy as one may think!

LostDreams

Hunter
I have started my journey in April, and researching like crazy. I had bought a few things here and there, but time is definetally needed even once you think you have it all! I guess I'm sending this to people that think they can buy it all up and voila it's Fett...NOPE! hehe. I have most of my outfit, just working on the extra details. Everyone's been great in helping me bring another Fett to the 501st once I get everything assembled.
Delta13Mike's ammo pouch, suit by Arkady, Wastelands' helmet painted by DoomKitten, MOW gauntlets, Machine Craft Replicas for their rocket upgrade and darts for gaunts, Darth Voorhees for helping me out on jet pack and paintup/ paint for gaunts / and armor paint, BatNinja for the vest, MattyMatt with his parted out cape, Woodman braids, EE-3 kit by Stormrider, Combatbaby on parts for my EE-3 is just naming a few that I had wrote down in case others are curious where they came from! Here's what I have so far. Always working! I've been washing my suit to get it tone down that weathering, and try again later. My initial paint can sprayed rather than the intended misty type spray. Learning from my mistakes! haha.

20161003_081311_zps0phsvbrp.jpg

IMG_20161207_162205_zps7qchosjj.jpg

tools_zpsof8s8yjk.jpg

IMG_20161210_221747_zpsqustam3x.jpg

Tonight I'm working on finishing the helmet by putting in the Chicago Screws, black part of the shin tool needs added, and then the borden.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all! I didn't realize that my phone enhanced the paint in the jump suit as much as it did. It's really not that dark anymore...if only it enhanced my tree instead I'd be ok with that! lol. I have my first two screws drying right now for the helmet in 'support' positions that I'll update after work. I feel confident about the Chicago screws, but I'm worried about my spacers. I bought some rubber washers to use, but I think I need at least a medal one to put there to help hold the visor better. Still wondering about if I should use old mirror screws I used initially but ripped out to use in lieu of Chicago's.

- - - Updated - - -

Great paint on the helmet, and perfect reinforced gauntlet tubing. Nice job saving the flight suit!

Thanks! It took me about 3 weeks to get that tubing right. Maybe from ignorance, but I tired none the less! lol!! I had it in a bowl with pure coffee grounds sitting, then saw nothing happening. So I decided to pour boiling water and just let them brew then soak in that for 2 weeks solid with the cling plastic wrap covering the top. That did it :D !!

Not much to update, but I did follow the different threads about visor installation for chicago screws and happy with the turnout! The two unused screws I may do something with later, like bridging with a bar for more stability or even just cut them out. I may even rig up something to help with holding fans a certain way. I did crack only one visor, but learned quickly from my mistake. I switched from my drill with wrong bit to a hand dremmel and it performed flawlessly! I used the cracked visor to line up the holes for the new one, and just tweaked from there. The helmet feels much sturdier than before, and now just working on pads and eventually fan placement. I'm hoping to get a hollow antennae for a level three helmet eventually, but for now keeping with what came with the bucket. Good luck everyone on your Fett's, and a Merry Christmas!

visor%20installation_zpsmgfga83d.jpg

Thanks! I need to get a frontal shot while wearing it just to check out how it looks. Hell, if I have time maybe even put it all back on and try it out for Christmas! I was praying my other stuff will be here before my family makes it in the day after santa shows up, but maybe if it's here while they're visiting I'll do an all nighter and finish so they can see. They've been my biggest fans for helping handle with my 501st friends and continuing my work on my own costume. It's been a great year, i hope to share with them in this! After all, they've waited to see Rogue One with me :D I'm glad I went with your bucket Wasteland, I may order more just to have more hehe!

I've worked a tad more now with the EE-3 Kit, and so far I'm happy! Just trying to get paint going and soon assembly once work settles down. Sunday I gotta drive to Baltimore for my fathers apt at Johns Hopkins hospital, but after I return to Virginia again I'll get to cracking on more. But here's some eye candy on progress after drilling/sanding/painting! I received my new flight suit from Arkady, so I'll try that on soon and go a tad easier on weathering :lol: I hope everyone's doing well, and happy hunting!

[h=2]
IMG_20170306_222703_zpsazohqker.jpg

IMG_20170306_223049_zps7lrsbomw.jpg
[/h]

Oooooo! Another Stormrider kit! Did you get a rubber tip for your sidearm? Looks like you have some nice aluminum upgrades there for your EE3 too! Do you have the accurate tall feet scope rings on the way too? I plan on upgrading these in the future as well. I really like the stain you used on your stock by the way ;)

Thanks! I need to post some updates, as real life and handling for my garrison on troops has my schedule crazy! I need to order those, as scope ring broke that came with the stormrider kit :( the aluminum shrouds were too wide for the rings, so I tried to bend the rings out a little so it could fit....yeah..I wouldn't recommend that! snapped with just a little pressure. So I had to go back to the one's the kit came with and I'll have to change again in the future. I am getting everything together for Celebration, and this was something I need to finish before I get my goodies from DVH. So I'm near finished with the EE-3, just needing to glue the parts onto the stock, and then glue the parts that go near the trigger, and then bring it all together! Then next will be the Jetpack harness kit to work on I got from BigDane. I work swing shift, so I am crazy on time to try and get this done for 501st approval before celebration. Lou's sending my jetpack, armor, and gauntlets whenever they get finished. I can't wait! I've enjoyed being a handler for my garrison, and now it's going to be great fun to see the kids react to my Fett with the great people of Tyranus troop and do good! Thanks for reading, and I'll update in the am! (i'm on graveyards this weekend)

I appreciate that! I took a pic of the stain I used for it. I just put a second coat on it, and i think I'll stop there. I now am so close to gluing everything together, I am working on the small parts now. After I let things set for a day I'll revisit and update :D

IMG_20170319_145149_zpsyr2xun0n.jpg

IMG_20170319_163851_zpsdxzv17m1.jpg

I know I have some weathering to do on the flash tube, but I wanted to get paint mostly done. Hoping to make more progress tomorrow, and then that dreaded jet pack harness kit i hear horror stories about lol! At least I'll be able to get it close enough and wait for the white straps part when the back armor arrives. Cheers all!

- - - Updated - - -

Special note, as you guys can see I use so many builds as reference. thank you to all that have contributed to this website and in helping us work on our Boba builds!

Thanks! I am busy as usual, so I have some nice completion updates. Well, the EE-3 is close enough that it's almost 100% minus more practice in flash tube weathering and the rings for the leather sling.

IMG_20170324_212540_zpskmz7xejv.jpg

IMG_20170309_201805_zps7ggkwbqu.jpg

The stock shows up really dark still, but it's not changed from the earlier photo's. I'm now trying to tackle the jetpack harness and sewing that. It's a hassle that's for sure! My sewing machine i am using is having issues, so may need to do it by hand :/

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back