Looking for smaller sized helmet

Mingram

New Hunter
Hi all. My daughter is designing her own Mando, but she is only 5'2". Does anyone know where we can find a slightly smaller bucket? I think the normal size will look too big on her. Thank you

Funkyred's idea is probably your best bet. The helmets in the show are somewhat smaller than what has come before but you will probably be best off having something printed that has been scaled down closer to her proportions.

Is your daughter wanting Din's helmet or was there another style that she would prefer?

We talked about that. But.. I have custom printed shoulders, If all printed items have those small ridges you have to sand anf fill I will never use printing again. What a nightmare
It all depends who and how they print it , I had some pieces printed the other day and they look like they were injection moulded .

We talked about that. But.. I have custom printed shoulders, If all printed items have those small ridges you have to sand anf fill I will never use printing again. What a nightmare

As someone who prints the majority of all my costume parts, Star Wars and others, you will want to meet a good friend of mine called U-Pol.

It's a urethane 2-part automotive sprayable epoxy.

You'll need a compressor and a HVLP spray gun (Both you can get at harbor freight for under $80 total with a coupon). I do this on all my prints and I print at a very low resolution ( .3mm thickness, which is very very coarse).

Essentially this is a self leveling primer that you spray and then it hardens... it takes only a light sanding then to smooth it all out instead of the hours and hours of hand sanding.

Funkyred's idea is probably your best bet. The helmets in the show are somewhat smaller than what has come before but you will probably be best off having something printed that has been scaled down closer to her proportions.

Is your daughter wanting Din's helmet or was there another style that she would prefer?
No, she is wanting one to customize

Mingram
I have a Rubies Jango helmet that was already painted as a custom Mando so it would not be a shame to do that again in the color scheme your daughter wants. I tried to sell it earlier this year but it ended up not working out.

The Rubies Jango is the smalles Mando helmet that I have come across (not saying there arent smaller ones, but this is to my knowledge only). It should also be much smaller then a GMH.
How old is your doughter?
Id say it would make a great custom Mando for ages 6 to maybe 14. Younger then that and the weight is going to be an issue, older then that and you'll start outgrowing it.

If you are interested I can give you more details.

Mingram
I have a Rubies Jango helmet that was already painted as a custom Mando so it would not be a shame to do that again in the color scheme your daughter wants. I tried to sell it earlier this year but it ended up not working out.

The Rubies Jango is the smalles Mando helmet that I have come across (not saying there arent smaller ones, but this is to my knowledge only). It should also be much smaller then a GMH.
Id say it would make a great custom Mando for ages 6 to maybe 14. Younger then that and the weight is going to be an issue, older then that and you'll start outgrowing it.

She is 21. And thank you for the offer, we will keep that in mind. Since I posted she thinks she is going a different direction. She wants to use the armor/blacksmith helmet as the base. She wants to combine Mandolorian and Celtic for a unique look

She is 21. And thank you for the offer, we will keep that in mind. Since I posted she thinks she is going a different direction. She wants to use the armor/blacksmith helmet as the base. She wants to combine Mandolorian and Celtic for a unique look
Mingram

Hello there! Question...is your Ruby’s helmet remodeled to look like Don’s? If so do you have any pics ? Thanks

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back