looking for a new voice amp

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
I originally picked up a voice up from a link at TK-409 I like it but that thing is GINORMOUS. So I am trying to find something a little smaller I heard radio shack used to have a nice small one that is pretty loud but I dont think they carry it any more. Does any body know where I may find a used one??

Toragh

Active Hunter
Did you try Radio Shack's website? If they don't have it, eBay probably would. If not then making one from a hardware store shouldn't be to difficult. Just need to find a parts list and diagram.

The Clayster

Active Hunter
I use of the radioshack mini amps, I just called a local store, and they have one.

I used to live in Poway, so I know the Radioshack in Carmel Mountain has them Morpheus, I dont know where you live in SD though.

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
I use of the radioshack mini amps, I just called a local store, and they have one.

I used to live in Poway, so I know the Radioshack in Carmel Mountain has them Morpheus, I dont know where you live in SD though.
I live in Mira Mesa I called my local Radio Shack they have two left and they are going to hold one for me.

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
aaaaaa NUTS i picked it up and my mic does not work with it I turn it on and I can hear static. Now I am hoping that its just a really really old 9 Volt

Last edited by a moderator:

BLUERAM

Active Hunter
You need to have a powered mic for this to work. You can make any mike powered by adding a 'AA' or 2 in line with one of the mic leads. Or you can buy one at Radio shack.

morpheus1977

Active Hunter
You need to have a powered mic for this to work. You can make any mike powered by adding a 'AA' or 2 in line with one of the mic leads. Or you can buy one at Radio shack.
but my mic works with my other amp I have??
*EDIT*
well replacing the battery you are totally correct BLUERAM I must need a powered mic but instead of chopping up my current mic would this work
http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...kw=microphone&kw=microphone&parentPage=search
it says it comes with a button cell battery does this mean its a powered mic???

Last edited by a moderator: