Left Ear Green???

evan4218

Active Hunter
What are folks currently using for there color on the Left Ear? I use to use a variation of RLM Green but have run out and it dosnt seem to be available. Wanted to pick the boards brain on what there using right now.

superjedi

Sr Hunter
On Lee's "updated" color list, he shows Floquil/Polly S POG Green. . . which I've seen in my local hobby shop, and it looks really good.
I think the actual name of the color is "PO Green." Can't remember right off the top of my head what PO stands for. . . it's the name of a railroad.

evan4218

Active Hunter
On Lee's "updated" color list, he shows Floquil/Polly S POG Green. . . which I've seen in my local hobby shop, and it looks really good.
I think the actual name of the color is "PO Green." Can't remember right off the top of my head what PO stands for. . . it's the name of a railroad.

PO green, I knew that POG wasnt a color... hmm... well I searched the color database for PO green as well and got nadda... so I am still in the dark here. This is needed also for the Stencil PDF so anyone who can get me the ACTUAL name as I would type it in at the testors website to order it or if its manufactured by another company let me know what the name of the company is so I can track it down.

Thanks TF, I will list that color as an option and most likely use that enamel on my TF bucket. ;)

Spideyfett

Well-Known Hunter
PO green, I knew that POG wasnt a color... hmm... well I searched the color database for PO green as well and got nadda... so I am still in the dark here. This is needed also for the Stencil PDF so anyone who can get me the ACTUAL name as I would type it in at the testors website to order it or if its manufactured by another company let me know what the name of the company is so I can track it down.

Thanks TF, I will list that color as an option and most likely use that enamel on my TF bucket. ;)

Hey Justin...I have the old list on my PC at home...I will send it to ya....

But I think you can get away with a Mix, with the Panzer Green as your base...;)

Last edited by a moderator:

evan4218

Active Hunter
I wouldnt think that was the POG green being that Panzer Olive isnt a railroad color and the left ear isnt the same color as the dome and lower cheeks.

Keegan

Active Hunter
I believe it is Panzer Olivgrun 1943 in the Model Masters II Enamels line, Panzer Olive Green in the PollyScale Military Acrylics.

I would check with Lee on which is the best. I think he said go acrylic though.

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I'm making a run by the hobby shop in a bit. I'll check it out again, but I'm pretty sure it's in the railroad line and not the military line. *shrug*
Actually I have been known to make mistakes. . . from time to time. ;)

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
IMO the left ear is much closer in color to the ROTJ cape. I found what I thought to be a very close color acrylic, in a craft store. I'd be happy to share the color once I get home to verify what it is called. Some kind of olive green though

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Back from the hobby shop. . . OK, maybe my joking about needing glasses isn't too far off the mark! :facepalm
The Floquil color I saw the other day wasn't PO Green, it was DO Green (Depot Olive Green.)
Sorry bout that! Still looked like a nice left ear color though.

Bubba Fett

Active Hunter
In the pics that I have seen the left ear is a different color than the dome. I used Rustoleum Sage for the dome and cheeks and then the POG for the ear. I know I am just a newbie, but IMHO it seemed to look a little closer to the ref photos I saw. If you are using POG for the rest of the helmet you might try mixing in a little bit of orange to get the right tint.

Bubba Fett

Active Hunter
I found the Model Masters Panzer OlivGrun 1943 Acrylic at a hobby store. They sell a lot of military models there as well as trains. I did not find any POG color at the train stores I went to or on the Testor's site.

AFettFullofDollars

Well-Known Hunter
I use Krylon 'Italian Olive'. It's a satin spray paint so you have to dull coat it, but to me it looks pretty dead on. Plus it's readily available at Walmart.