Just when you thought it was safe...another ESB paint up!

Still room for improvement... naw, just kidding mate. Helmet looks stellar!!! I can notice some small improvements over mine and everyone thinks that I stole the helmet from Lucas so that says a lot about your work. Best feature of my costume and I firmly believe whatever I do, I will never top that helmet off. Keep up the amazing work Garrett!

Oh, and your list looks awesome! I guess I'll just have to try and paint myself a bucket.. :D I already have one of your helmet as reference LOL

Garrett. . . wow! :eek:
Just beautiful work. I love incorporating those 'grease stains' on the back of the helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow , very nice work , one the nicest paint jobs i have ever seen if not the nicest. outstanding!

i am repainting my helmet as we speak and i hope it comes out half as good as yours.
i am using the MR photo shoot of the ESB bucket for reference from the THD boba reference CD , what pics did you use?

The AOSW pics courtesy of Brak's Buddy are the best for detailed reference IMO...(y)
Simon Fett, unfortunately there's always room for improvement, i'll be starting another ESB next year and learning from my mistakes...:cry
Cheers Eric!

Last edited by a moderator:
What were you using to add the Humbrol Maskol? The details are so fine on some of the damage.
The Maskol was applied with a silicone brush, but the fine scratches through to silver were scratched in with a self propelling pencil nib. This includes a lot of the fine edge detail on the major silver damage...

The Maskol was applied with a silicone brush, but the fine scratches through to silver were scratched in with a self propelling pencil nib. This includes a lot of the fine edge detail on the major silver damage...

Ah right, Thanks for the info. I am trying to get my head round all of this layering as I am going to be painting a ROTJ helmet in the next couple of months. This is the hardest way as far as I can see but it turns out the best. Thing is tho am a noob at painting!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back