Jonbenm ROTJ SE almost done!!!

jonbenm

Hunter
What's up guys!!
So last year about this time I started a ROTJ SE build... I had everything but the shin tools. then life hit and I was in need is some extra $$$$ because of a move my family and I were doing so I sold everything but my flightsuit.. and my day job took off and I have been working non stop so I wouldn't have had time whatsoever at that point
I had only ever tried on parts of the costume to make sure everything fit but never the whole costume itself. It was a shame, but I needed to get rid of it.

So then a few weeks ago just sitting and playing on YouTube with my son who is almost 2 now asked for babo (boba) lol and he kept saying babo! Babo! Over and over so I put on some boba stuff and we watched boba stuff for an hour haha and in seeing his excitement I totally regretted getting rid of my costume.

I thought "dam, how cool would it be for him to see a full sized boba" he has so many boba toys and figures lol he loves boba!

So I thought "well I'll see what I can do about getting another costume put together" and low and behold I found a hell of a deal I traded some stuff and got my hands on an almost complete SE set just like I had been building before! Lol it worked out perfect. Smooth deal and a great guy ...it really helped me out and it's all top notch stuff and already painted and all! I'm so happy at how this all worked out.

I am very thankful for this group and all the people and information here you guys are all lifesavers and I've learned something from probably each and every one of you

Like using Raf's templates to get a to the scratch movie accurate paint job on every hard piece of the costume

And looking up peoples builds like Raizo to get absolute perfection in each piece of the costume

And Mullreel who will help anyone and everyone to get through the little setbacks and has an answer or a valuable opinion for every bit of it
(And hooking me up with an sweet batninja vest)

There's tons of people like the different armor makers and soft part makers who make sure we have everything we need to make the build perfect there's so many people I'd like to credit.

Thank you all!!!!

So now all I need is a set of mike m gloves and MOW boots and a stormrider EE-3 and I'm done

I put most of the costume on for the first time tonight and got some pictures there's still lots I need to do but it's all in the making I'm only going to post a few pics tonight little teasers I guess
There's more to come!!!

Armor: Fettpride

Flightsuit: Arkady

Flak vest: batninja

Jet pack :Man of war studios

a6e1df5f69b276536a5225b3cae21af6.jpg
b147e44ade42afbc181d9cb5362b8fd4.jpg
ec3499e3078569e2e1fe2c2579e35781.jpg
7ed9074dd8fc5a1689ea6340f0709bc6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Are those metal colar studs? Nice build! I bought your shoes and other stuff...and now you rebuild another full boba suit in no time....incredible (In my defence..i love doing stuff from scratch :D).

I just noticed that it looks like you have leather straps on the girth belt. They should be nylon webbing straps. Easy fix or easy replacement. If you end up needing a replacement let me know and I will dig and see if I have an extra one. I know I have a couple that aren't dyed yet.

Are those metal colar studs? Nice build! I bought your shoes and other stuff...and now you rebuild another full boba suit in no time....incredible (In my defence..i love doing stuff from scratch :D).

Thanks bud!!! I got the whole thing almost complete so I didn't have to do too much just tweak a few things here and there and yes the color studs are metal! I'm really excited about this setup

Sent from my iPhone

I just noticed that it looks like you have leather straps on the girth belt. They should be nylon webbing straps. Easy fix or easy replacement. If you end up needing a replacement let me know and I will dig and see if I have an extra one. I know I have a couple that aren't dyed yet.

Yes they are leather if you have an extra set of the nylon I'd be happy to buy them from you! Thanks for pointing out I need the webbing straps bud! Once I get the whole thing together please point out anything I may have missed that needs a little tweaking thanks again man!

Sent from my iPhone

No he sells the neck seals separate as a dickie ...if you're looking for one with the neck seal attached he may be able to do it apon request but I can't speak for him....but it's not movie accurate that way I have one with the seal attached but I don't like it lol

Sent from my iPhone

So I decided to dirty up my flightsuit and vest a little more to give it more of a post sandstorm type of look...I've always liked the super dirty looking flightsuits when it's the right color. I used testors bomber tan for the sandy dusty look now this thing looks like if I patted it there would be a mess to clean up lol
6073e82e8476e608ec52bb3a6ffc878e.jpg
afad29af5ece051bd243ac18348ddfb0.jpg
9cbfa18f666015a41312ec00210f3411.jpg
08b911caabf889177da7cb3d3f8127de.jpg
e244be1d25a0eef90bd4fa3de4067cb4.jpg
b019b1ae9b40b3910fcd500e177af38e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back