Jonbenm helmet wip....battlefront style

jonbenm

Hunter
So I love the battlefront boba fett.....because it's pretty much a mix of ESB and ROTJ....It's the ROTJ armor and everything else and the helmet from ESB I love the ROTJ armor and not so much the ESB armor and I love the ESB helmet and not so much the ROTJ helmet so I'll be doing my costume that way.....I'm not so sure if I will be able to get 501st approved for having my getup this way but I suppose we will find out or maybe I'll need to have both helmets and borh sets of armor haha.....

So I didn't take to many pics of the steps I took because I felt like I was on a roll and I didn't want to stop haha....I used RafalFetts stencils(thanks for those btw brother!) they came in such handy and here is my progress so far...I started with the back panel because it's the biggest pain I feel like haha
3be4c80a0ff593d1678bca242ee1bb37.jpg

And please all advice and criticism is most definitely welcome...I feel pretty good for this being my first time using stencils....I never have before I've done all my helmets topical free hand and I want to get this absolutely perfect

The special edition Fett is a mix of ESB lid with ROTJ armor (everything from the neck down really) with a few other details here and there. For example the SE Fett has more ammo pouches than the regular ROTJ. I myself wear the SE Fett and it is in fact 501st approved, just be sure to check the CRL for all the tiny details.

The special edition Fett is a mix of ESB lid with ROTJ armor (everything from the neck down really) with a few other details here and there. For example the SE Fett has more ammo pouches than the regular ROTJ. I myself wear the SE Fett and it is in fact 501st approved, just be sure to check the CRL for all the tiny details.
Great information Armydad thank you very much.

0a54b222f495fb15f47aee0425cfd912.jpg
f5447097d1102f47aebad7fb31133b3f.jpg
60f8e98d52b964928427a54183650c4a.jpg
07a4a3208586b4aa1ca0fd0fb7fc8fd8.jpg
df7d324ca7a62aa5615ac1fa5168ba3c.jpg

I have been a painting crazy fool today lol almost have the hard parts done then it's on to the little things ive gotta say thanks to the very helpful build threads that you good people of TDH have posted I couldn't have done it without y'all ...I'm very happy with these results this is so far the best paint up I've ever done....this whole paint up has all been new to me...I've never used an airbrush,masking fluid,stencils or anything else like that on a bucket before I've always painted everything topical. The results always turned out okay...but this one I love. Because of all of the dented helmets great members thanks again yall!
I will be posting more progress tomorrow

Back key slots done and kill stripes knocked out! Also added some topical damage around the kill stripes...not to sure if I'm super happy with it
3cbf8cca2392e542feaea9eb3e2bbe42.jpg
958b76719f9d6fdd28ab05e60c67523c.jpg
247b4c2cc2df1d71b262f24225088d5d.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back