Joe's Mandalorian Beskar Build

joe

Active Hunter
Hello all!

Starting the Mando build. I'm planning on buying most of it from one vendor (ESCProps), but I know it won't be 100% accurate since the CRL isn't really done at all yet. Plus... I don't think it's possible to ever be 100% accurate.

First piece I got are the Mando boots from CrowProps (Gio).

They fit a bit big. I realized Nike says their EUR sizes are actually a size bigger than other brands. A size 11 in my Jordan's says EUR size 45 on the tag, which other brands like Cole Haan say EUR size 44 is a US size 11. I also wear a size 11 in Boba Fett shoes.

Anyways, these fit wide (which is great since I have a wide foot), and don't have much give in the toecap like steel-toed boots. However, they are pretty comfy and come with a nice inner liner. Although, they are definitely too big for me, but it'll be fine for trooping. If they were too small they would definitely be painful since the toecap is very steel-toed boot-like, so I'd definitely go with a slightly bigger shoe in my opinion.

mando boots (2).jpg

mando boots 2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any of this in hand, but pictures of my flight suit order from ESCProps.

IMG_20200710_100913_921.jpg

IMG_20200710_100916_158.jpg

IMG_20200710_105455_754.jpg

We're basing the colors of the flight suit off of the photos below....
IMG_20200629_223059.jpg

IMG_20200629_223820.jpg

dark brown.png

Is ESCProps doing the belt/bandolier as well?

Yes. I'm purchasing the ready-to-wear package. It includes everything, but gun props and the boots. I believe I'm the last order he is taking on for the summer. I would assume he'll eventually take orders again after the summer. I'm not 100% sure, but I'm happy I got in on the purchase.

Can you give a ballpark of how much he charges? Checked out his IG page...his pieces look pretty legit! Are you purchasing your helmet from him too? Thanks for the heads up on the sizing for the Crow boots - about to order mine

Can you give a ballpark of how much he charges? Checked out his IG page...his pieces look pretty legit! Are you purchasing your helmet from him too? Thanks for the heads up on the sizing for the Crow boots - about to order mine

He originally charged $3000 on Etsy. For my order specifically he's $3200 + 3% PayPal fees. That may change though depending on additional stuff I may want since he's continuously improving his stuff. So we'll see what the final price ends up being. I think around $3200 ready to wear is pretty fair based on others individual pieces and putting it all together.

He originally charged $3000 on Etsy. For my order specifically he's $3200 + 3% PayPal fees. That may change though depending on additional stuff I may want since he's continuously improving his stuff. So we'll see what the final price ends up being. I think around $3200 ready to wear is pretty fair based on others individual pieces and putting it all together.

Yeah I'd say that's a pretty good price for the quality of goods he's making! Good find! I'm currently building my suit as well...getting a helmet from jsin_props and another helmet, armor, rifle, pistol, knife from Misriah Designs. Boots and gloves from Crow, leather from Delta, suit and cape, etc. from Larry Walker, metal pieces from JJ Industries.

All in all, I think mine's gonna run closer to 5k, so I'm a little jealous lol, but also super stoked you found a good vendor!

Yeah I'd say that's a pretty good price for the quality of goods he's making! Good find! I'm currently building my suit as well...getting a helmet from jsin_props and another helmet, armor, rifle, pistol, knife from Misriah Designs. Boots and gloves from Crow, leather from Delta, suit and cape, etc. from Larry Walker, metal pieces from JJ Industries.

All in all, I think mine's gonna run closer to 5k, so I'm a little jealous lol, but also super stoked you found a good vendor!

It's hard to tell. It seems like Mando will be judged pretty harshly by the 501st, so I figured it'll end up costing more as small details that are required might end up warranting completely replacing certain pieces. We'll see though once the Beskar CRL rolls out.

It's hard to tell. It seems like Mando will be judged pretty harshly by the 501st, so I figured it'll end up costing more as small details that are required might end up warranting completely replacing certain pieces. We'll see though once the Beskar CRL rolls out.

Do we have any idea as to when that's happening?

Do we have any idea as to when that's happening?

No clue. I don't think the Chapter 1 one is done yet, but they're close to release it? I think they need a model first? I believe there is a pre-approval thread of what I assume is going to be the model.

Not that these are final, but updates from ESCProps on some of his newer molds he is working on. The pauldron is a do3d file? However, he is remaking them to be Great Ape since the shape is slightly more narrow on the do3d. My understanding is the rest of the molds are Great Ape.

I can absolutely confirm the upper chest piece is great ape since I bought the 3D print files and loaded them up in the PRUSA slicer and the shape is identical.

There are some seam lines too, but none of these are finished.

mando molds 7.png

mando molds 6.png

mando molds 5.png

mando molds 4.png

mando molds 3.png

mando molds 2.png

mando molds.png

Yeah from what I've read, Great Ape is the one that most of the pros are using (y) What type of paint is ESC using for the Beskar?

Yeah from what I've read, Great Ape is the one that most of the pros are using (y) What type of paint is ESC using for the Beskar?

I think he mentions it on his Instagram. I couldn't quite find the post.... It's like a black base, with a automotive Chrome and than some sort of clear coat? He doesn't use Alumaluster, but I honestly don't care since it's so difficult to source fiberglass or ABS Beskar armor.

There are a lot of 3D printing suppliers, but I think it is trash since PLA and PETG have such low temperature softening/melting points and I live in Arizona where a 120 degree summer day is just business as usual.

Below is I believe his first customer. It is using older molds of do3d I think? Since you can see the chest piece is different.

This customer also requested for the dark grey everything. I think it looks great though. I'm sure there are things on it like the leather piece on his shin that are not 501st approvable, but I honestly don't care since that is stuff you can get fixed or buy replacement pieces for if need be. I don't think a kit exists that you can just put on and instantly be approved.

mando example.png

Have you checked out Misriah Designs on IG? That's where I'm getting my armor...I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.

I don't know the dimensions of all of the pieces. But... his diamond in the middle of the chest piece is wrong. As well as the damaged half-beskar half-brown/black thigh plate looks wrong too. The other stuff I don't know very well.

His pictures are also sort of difficult to see and maybe the IG pics are old molds.

We'll see how lenient the 501st is though on nit-picky details like this since it's a newer CRL. Also depends on your GML since even now costumes that might not pass the scrutiny of the pre-approval process on THEBHG get approved, but I dunno I've only heard that I have no proof of it. I'm more of the basic approval goal kind of guy anyways. Any additional details are just for the love of the game.

I'm more of the basic approval goal kind of guy anyways. Any additional details are just for the love of the game.

I totally agree...I know his prints are from the Great Ape files, so I'm wondering what accounts for the differences?

I don't know the dimensions of all of the pieces. But... his diamond in the middle of the chest piece is wrong. As well as the damaged half-beskar half-brown/black thigh plate looks wrong too. The other stuff I don't know very well.

Can you tell me what looks wrong about the chest diamond as well as the half beskar thigh plate? I'd like to address it with him.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back