Pistols Jango Fett Pistols

Dani Fett

New Hunter
Hello there,

I have started the Jango Fett suit and I was asking myself where can I find the pistols (Westar 34). I heard about Master Replicas but I think they are very expensive. Do you know anyone who can make them?

Thanks a lot.

I got my pistol from Dark Energy Creations. It was $220 for the one pistol, which I'm pretty sure is cheaper than what the Master Replicas cost, however I am unsure what they go for. I like it a lot, great quality and it is mostly machined metal. I've heard of people using rubies blasters and painting them accordingly, but I don't know if there is anything else they do to them.

**Just want to edit it and say I'm glad it says I'm a new hunter next to my name, that way you dont confuse me with someone who actually knows what they are talking about, because I don't know too much.

Last edited:
Thank you man!

I've talked with them and the pistol looks awesome. They told me that it comes ready to assembly and with the metal look but not the handle part and the trigger and pommel have to be finished and painted if I'm not wrong. How did you do it to assembly and paint the handle part?

Thanks a lot for the help.

For the painting of the handle, I sanded it down with 320 or 400 grit sandpaper first, just to smooth out the rough edges and seams. For the paint I first used a gray spray paint, I dont remember if it was paint and primer or just primer. However, I used that as my base coat and then I let that dry. For the more metallic look, I used Krylon Colormaster paint + primer in 'Iron Ore'. Oncs that dried I finished it off with a satin clear coat. I will upload a picture in a minute, but my phone camera has a scratched up lens, so the picture will be a little rough.

Same picture just with some different lighting.

20190704_100257.jpg

20190704_100233.jpg

Last edited:
Vinmanmac has this kit posted here on the Cargo Bay if your interested...

Hey guys,

I've found the Westar 34 in a website called Etsy but there are many types of them and I think they are all printed.
I would like to know what do you think about this website and if some of the many Westars 34 models are reliable to buy.

Many thanks.

Hey guys,

I've found the Westar 34 in a website called Etsy but there are many types of them and I think they are all printed.
I would like to know what do you think about this website and if some of the many Westars 34 models are reliable to buy.

Many thanks.

There seems to be a few ones there. Most look ok enough...just be sure that you are buying a fully finished product and not just the 3D files. Some of those Etsy shops are only offering the 3D print file and not an actual prop. Also be careful that you are not purchasing a pair of the plastic toys that someone has painted up and charged way too much for (imo). There are more accurate Westars available than the toys. Though if you have a 3D printer yourself or know a local buddy who does, there are free 3D files for Westars on Thingiverse you can use.

Here are a couple...

If you are 501 or looking to become 501, ask around your local garrison. You may have a 3D printing guru who wouldn't mind spitting a couple of these out for you.

I used the wizardofflight's templates along with my set of MR blasters for measurements. I've altered the grips slightly to increase the depth of the scallops and increased the finger holes size slightly to better fit my fat finger.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.24.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.24.37 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 367
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.25.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 10.25.32 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 393
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.51.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 12.51.59 PM.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 389
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back