Jango Fett for Work

AtomWest

Hunter
Last Friday my job announced that we will be having a Star Wars day tomorrow May the 4th, so over the weekend I have been working on this Jango Fett costume for it.
Now the costume is not very accurate, but to the untrained eyes of my fellow co-workers it should do the job and impress the bunch.
I don't plan on making any changes or upgrades to it, it was just something I put together with what I had on hand at home and what I could pick up on short notice.
I am investing most of my money for my ESB Boba Fett build instead :D

Here is a breakdown:
Helmet - Rubie's Helmet that I weathered and inserted a welding visor
Armor - White sintra armor I picked up from Ebay from a while back, painted, weathered and resized
Gauntlets - also from Ebay, so misc Mando style that I painted/weathered. The rocket is out back drying
Flak Vest - Black vinly from Joann's, cut and shaped
Flightsuit - Redkap coveralls I found a while back from a thrift store, a bit baggy in the legs
Ammo Belt - Pouches again from Ebay and a brown belt I had laying around
Girth Belt - From Amazon
Blasters - Rubie's orange/white blasters from Party City I think, included holsters which are not seen and outside re-painted and drying
Shoes - Still need to finish the shoes, I am just grabbing an old pair I had with a treaded sole and attaching the armor pieces on them.

I bought a some of this stuff way back before I heard/joined TDH and the invested some time and research to quality and accuracy: girth belt, ammo pouches, armor etc...
Once I found this site I pretty much buried the goods until now :p

I think it turned out decent enough, kinda proud of the weathering I did, wished I used a shinier/chromier silver for the armor though.
Lets see how it does at work tomorrow!

JF003.png

JF002.png

JF001.png

Awesome, Way better than what I did for Star Wars Day
The guys at work wanted me to wear the Jango costume that I have been working on but because it's still a WIP I had to wear my Rubies costume that I had laying around.
I just marshaled out a KC-135 with my Jango bucket on lol. I wish somebody would have taken a pic.

HAPPY STAR WARS DAY !!!! May the fourth be with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets see if I can remember some of these prices from my older gear:

Helmet - $30
Armor - $100
Gauntlets - $100
Flak Vest - $10
Flightsuit - $10
Ammo Belt - $40
Girth Belt - $20
Blasters - $15

Paint
Krylon Metallic Silver rattle cans - $7
Black/brown acrylic tube paints - $3
Velcro for free, got it from work!

So around $250, give or take.
I ended up spending like $40 over the weekend, most of the stuff was just sitting in storage totes.

Thats an awesome job man for a days work and the price!, i had that same set of sintra armor for my jango build once upon a time!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back