Vest Jango Fett Flak Vest

Dani Fett

New Hunter
Hello there,

I'm looking for the Jango Fett flak vest.
I know that Bobamaker and Loanstar both make this piece but the question is: which one is better? I'm looking for the best quality. I've seen here that a lot of people recommend Loanstar but I want to be sure. What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your help.

I'm not sure how Bobamaker makes them, but I'm pretty sure that Loanstar makes his with the shoulders attached with Velcro.
Which can come in handy to be able to position them to fit your individual shoulders as needed....

I'm not sure how Bobamaker makes them, but I'm pretty sure that Loanstar makes his with the shoulders attached with Velcro.
Which can come in handy to be able to position them to fit your individual shoulders as needed....
BM's are stitched on and not removable.

Well, I have contacted with Bobamaker and he says the shoulders of his vest are sewn like the original vest was in the movie. But thinking it well I think it's more practical the Loanstar one.

I just got one from Loanstar. It is very well made. the color is gray but has a very slight blue hue to it so it goes well with the Jango color scheme

Would you mind posting a picture of it? How much does he charge?
I can. it was about $400. very heavy duty. thick lining. I'll probably have to add some snaps or velcro to the sleeves cause they shoot straight out instead of lying down. they will never pass 501st approval or look correct unless I do.

I have a friend who has one of his vests
here is his Jango
reggie.jpg

I got one of each. The loanstar is very thick and very heavy, with a full liner. The boba maker is much lighter weight and just leather. The loanstar one was dark blue, the boba maker was grey.

I decided to go with the boba maker one because of the shoulders. The velcro makes an already thick and heavy vest even thicker and heavier.

I got one of each. The loanstar is very thick and very heavy, with a full liner. The boba maker is much lighter weight and just leather. The loanstar one was dark blue, the boba maker was grey.

I decided to go with the boba maker one because of the shoulders. The velcro makes an already thick and heavy vest even thicker and heavier.

I wish Bobamaker's had that seam in the back and was darker.

Stormtrooper guy, I'm following you on Instagram, are you planning... or better yet, do you know of a way to make it darker?

Stormtrooper guy, I'm following you on Instagram, are you planning... or better yet, do you know of a way to make it darker?

I've been pondering that. I'm thinking some really watered down acrylic paint strategically sponged on could work.

Jango-Fett-Costume-SWTE-020509-19.jpg

Looking really closely, it looks like this vest at least was actually blue, and then sponged / painted grey. I'd like to try to get that sort of look.

I've been pondering that. I'm thinking some really watered down acrylic paint strategically sponged on could work.

View attachment 180495

Looking really closely, it looks like this vest at least was actually blue, and then sponged / painted grey. I'd like to try to get that sort of look.
I've never seen a helmet seal like that before. I never thought that that was an issue to solve, but it looks like you did a real quality job doing it. The effect must be great, but you must be dying in that helmet for lack of air and heat.

Last edited:
I've never seen a helmet seal like that before. I never thought that that was a issue to solve, but it looks like to did a real quality job doing it. You must be dying in that helmet for lack of air and heat.
That photo is of the actual Jango costume LFL loans out for museums tours, not of stormtrooperguy

Though I tend to agree with you that wearing that helmet seal has got to be hot, even with fans inside. Which is why my plan is to only wear mine for Infamous submission (and maybe some of those cold New England outdoor troops) and not for general, everyday trooping.

Hi mates!

Do you think it's a good idea to remove the full liner of the Jango Loanstar vest? I did it with the shoulders and now they are lighter and they go more down. I think if I do this it will not be so heavy and I will have less heat.

Thanks a lot.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back