Body Suit Jabbadashery Neoprene

can someone please post a picture of some of this neoprene?

Hi Mike here is the picture of this neoprene . The neoprene has a lighter color than you see in the photo. It looks darker for the light to take the picture.

Regards.

la foto3.JPGla foto2.JPG

la foto3.JPG

la foto2.JPG

Attachments

• purpleneoprenemuestra.bmp
    73.3 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:
Mike, I have a bunch of images I need to upload to photobucket soon, I'll snap a picture of my neoprene too. I'll post a link to PB soon.

Sirene, a hook for the knife holder? I never thought of that. Hmm....

From my mobile phone. The first pic is the neoprene on the left and my old bodysuit on the right for color comparison. The second pic is the final button I sewed on for the suspenders. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431105863.326444.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431105874.767150.jpg

Wow awesome job guys! Thanks for the heads up on how wide the fabric is, it helps my wallet a lot. You guys are both motivating me and making me realize how much of a slacker I am all at the same time!

That looks so great!! I have so many questions on where you got stuff! The toe spikes, shin guards, hand guards, gauntlets, chest plate, helmet--oh lord, I have hardly anything!

Sometimes he is hard to get and you need to be patient about getting your parts. For me, I guess 8-12 weeks were estimated and I waited 10 months. Others are in the same situation.

But I never heared of someone not getting their parts.

From everything I have gleaned online regarding Zam parts, MonCal and JDFett are about the only ones who make anything for this character costume. Honestly, I don't know who was the first one, but I'm going to assume MonCal due to the varied Star Wars stuff they create and the fact that it's a company specializing in recreations. Both do great work. But I think JDFett limits what he makes & sells, which would mean the other creator has a backlog of stuff not being made by JDFett. New movie means some have revived builds they otherwise might have let go. Just a thought to consider.

I could be wrong, and JDFett just doesn't advertise other things he might make. But I'm thinking he already has a full-time job and casting resin all day long ain't it.

The greeblies are the only things JDFett makes, whereas MonCal makes just about everything. Really hopeful that MonCal will revive the Zam build.

I haven't yet sewn mine just yet, but I can tell you how I cut mine out.

I have two strips that are 4 inches by 18 inches. Extra length ensures I won't have a too close call for my waist ( and it's always easier to cut away than trying to stitch back on that one dang inch!) The actual rolls are two pieces that equal 36 inches long as well by 10 1/2 inches wide. Why did I pick 10 1/2? Because that's what I had to work with for even cut blocks of goatskin. If you think you need wider, go for it! :) From everything I can tell, the actual rolls are different sizes, the first one is the largest and it gets slightly smaller down. If someone is absolutely sure it's different, please give us all a measurement?

When you've sewn this together, my best estimate is you'll have a 3 1/2 wide cummerbund. My mom is a really good seamstress, and though I'm working the leather stuff, I'm waiting for her to get a chance to come by to help me install a zipper in the vest and help me figure out how to sew these rolls on the cummerbund. That's about all I got. I will say that I've read, numerously, that much that is made is custom fit, which means a really tall, bustier Amazonian woman would need a different measurement than a short, elf-like person. I guess that translates to widen and narrow it as needed according to your waist.

Sent an email to Far Away Creations, and I really hope they will respond! I found a local seamstress who seems confident enough, and that in turn raises my confidence to finally order the suit fabric! Other than that, a friend of mine is still working leather stuff on his free time, and I bought (hopefully) all the paints I should need for the greeblies. How exciting!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back