Is Cruzer still around? Who are the trusted vendors for Jango gear?

joe

Active Hunter
I don't see too many stickies for Jango vendors in comparison to Stormtrooper threads on whitearmor.net or even Boba Fett threads.

Prepare yourself for a bunch of questions!
  • Who are the vendors now for 501st accurate leather goods for Jango like the holster, girth, and ammo pouches?
  • Who are the vendors for good Jango armor and helmet? BobaMaker and Cruzer?
  • Who is the jetpack vendor? BobaMaker and Man Of War? (Potentially Anovos, but I don't trust them)
  • What about soft parts? I know BobaMaker makes flight suit and flak vest. As well as you can buy a Dickies jumpsuit and dye it. Is there a thread with an accurate "blurple" dye or do we just wing it?
  • Is there a thread with the paint we need to use for Jango or is it just "medium" blue and a "light" blue?
  • What about the silver paint for the armor and what product to weather it with?
  • What about the more random parts, like connecting the armor to the cod plate? The jetpack harness?
  • I was able to find the boots by CrowProps.

I see in a lot of old threads there is Seeker and Cruzer. Do they still make these pieces?

I assume most of this is somewhere, but it doesn't seem like there is a consolidated sticky with this information. As well as a lot of the threads I find are like 10 years old. I couldn't find anything on thebhg.net either.

I'm not sure where Cruzer went but he makes good stuff. BobaMaker is good too. Delta Leatherworks is also good.

Jango Armor-DC Props, BobaMaker, Cruzer, I am also working on Jango armor but for smaller folks.

Anovos may someday release that jetpack and it will be the go-to for fett jetpacks.

Soft Parts- Arkady makes soft goods that are premium quality but has some wait time. You should make your own WIP thread and have others comment on it that will provide advice, just try to match the screen pictures to the best of your ability.

Rustoleum Royal Blue and ocean blue Krylon short cuts is the go to for jango colors.

The armor is just coldcast, no paint needed unless you buy resin armor. Then you should use Rub n Buff to make it silver. But coldcast is just the easier option. You can weather it with literally anything! Old grease, mix up some brown and black and dap it with a brush, or some oil on the armor.

I sell the part that connects to the cod plate but cruzer includes this with his belt. Jetpack harness is sort of hard to find, people usually make it out of an old backpack but DC props also makes these.

Cruzer should still be around I think? I highly recommend BM's soft parts for Jango, i love the vests he makes. I been trying to contact Animefan/Ryan as he also is a known Jango helmet vendor, my personal favourite choice. He hasn't responded to me for about 2 or 3 years now, i'm wondering if something personal has happened. I been so patient waiting to order my Helmet kit, but still no luck from him which is a shame. I remember last time we spoke he said the molds needed some updates but i haven't heard any other news and that was a while back.

LoanStar is still around and active. He makes some great vests!! I got all my leather from Delta13Mike, it is awesome quality!!!

I just got my armor and helmet from Cruzer a few months ago. Still amazing quality as always.

I got both a Loanstar vest and a Bobamaker. I much prefer the Bobamaker. The color, feel of the leather and overall construction are closer to screen IMO. The Loanstar is also well made, but I don't like the velcro on shoulders, and it's very stiff.

Shiming in because I have been thinking about getting an as accurate as possible Jango helmet for display... Do any of the vendors have helmets with a lineage to the screen used ones?

Shiming in because I have been thinking about getting an as accurate as possible Jango helmet for display... Do any of the vendors have helmets with a lineage to the screen used ones?
I have both a Helmet that Cruzer had from his old molds in Gelcoat FG and I also recently purchased a Jango from WastedFett in Cold Cast aluminum and this was my very first purchase with WF and I have to say, I REALLY FRICKIN LOVE this Helmett from WF. Don't get me wrong, was Truly an Honor and a pleasure getting a helmet from Cruzer, but the WF Jango helmet hit the marks I look for in a helmet to Troop with. It's not Super Heavy like most CC'd helmets can be, it took me 3 1/2 days to get it altogether from kit to paint. If you're looking for a Great Jango helmet to Troop in, WF gets my vote. Been in this Hobby since the 90s and working with him was a Great Experience all around. In the photo, WF is on the left and Cruzer's is on the right.

Attachments

• 20200705_143210.jpg
    20200705_143210.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 434
kwdesign and Wasted Fett has most of Cruzers molds any more, perhaps MinuteFett has some as well. The helmet he produced was originally from BKBT, and that was a fan sculpt, a really nice fan sculpt great for someone with a big melon, but it didn't have any heritage to the screen used helmet. For that you'd have to find an Asok or FP jango helmet. I don't know what happened to Asok's molds after he passed, but I think the FP jango is in the hands of Wasted Fett now as well.

I have both a Helmet that Cruzer had from his old molds in Gelcoat FG and I also recently purchased a Jango from WastedFett in Cold Cast aluminum and this was my very first purchase with WF and I have to say, I REALLY FRICKIN LOVE this Helmett from WF. Don't get me wrong, was Truly an Honor and a pleasure getting a helmet from Cruzer, but the WF Jango helmet hit the marks I look for in a helmet to Troop with. It's not Super Heavy like most CC'd helmets can be, it took me 3 1/2 days to get it altogether from kit to paint. If you're looking for a Great Jango helmet to Troop in, WF gets my vote. Been in this Hobby since the 90s and working with him was a Great Experience all around. In the photo, WF is on the left and Cruzer's is on the right.
Thank you! Those are 2 good looking helmets right there! Ive been tropping with a thick fiberglass BM helmet (see my introductory post, which I am not going to link to not get this thread off track) that has a decent weight to it and I didnt mind. Since a Jango would be a disply-piece for me, that plays even less of a role. In fact, I wouldnt mind a nicely thick cast.

Mike M. Thank you for sheding some light on the lineage issue! If those questions are general knowledge, please forgive a new guy for asking...
Do we know the story how Asok or FP got lineage molds? Or what Generation there were in beween?

Everything has to do with Bentley O'Toole. Do a search. That's where BM, WF, MF helmets origin. All of them have ties to the ILM proto helmet and it has some warpage. I do not know if any of the vendors corrected it. IMO WF is the best Jango helmet but I have not seen any pictures comparing the three of them.

Last edited:
Mike M. Thank you for sheding some light on the lineage issue! If those questions are general knowledge, please forgive a new guy for asking...
Do we know the story how Asok or FP got lineage molds? Or what Generation there were in beween?
it's no problem at all. If memory serves, the Asok helmet was a second generation of a production helmet that never got used on screen, and the FP was the first generation copy of that same helmet. Don't quote me on that, I'm not 100%, my memory is a little cloudy on it.

it's no problem at all. If memory serves, the Asok helmet was a second generation of a production helmet that never got used on screen, and the FP was the first generation copy of that same helmet. Don't quote me on that, I'm not 100%, my memory is a little cloudy on it.
I wont, no need to worry. :)
Only to make sure that I did not get it wrong... (even if this is "only" checking against an imperfect recollection, just as any recollections is imperfect)...

Were Asoks copies that he sold G2s? And FPs helmets that he sold G1s? Or were theirs in posession the quoted generations and what was sold respectively each a generation later?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back