I redid my DP96 helmet today!

FranckCooper
Thats great question. I would defer that question to RafalFett - who in my eyes, has an intimate knowledge of all things Fett and his knowledge of "Fett-Fu" is incredibly strong! So for example, if your knowledge of Fett is compared to that of the Jedi - Then Rafal Fett is easily on the Jedi Council. If RafalFett is not Yoda, then he's easily a Mace Windu!
;)

RafalFett - The question is: The Borden Connector - where did this part originate from? This is just a best guess on my part, but like most parts, I woulda thought it came off of a piece of equipment that the prop builders used.

Regards,
-Iron
MERCI BEAUCOUP ! ;)

Iron, you are much too kind! There's no secrecy in that part, it is just a piece found in a box full of goodies (short answer). The production designer works from sketches, concept drawings/paintings and blueprints did by others; in this case Norman Reynolds did the blueprints for the Supertrooper/Boba Fett character from sketches and concept drawings made by McQuarrie and Johnston. He might have used this drawing
bobaprelimdrawings06.jpg

to add the borden connector to the blueprint:
Helmet.jpg

The model maker (Brian Archer) then tried to find a piece in possibly multiple boxes full of goodies to visually match the drawings; in this case he put a dental connector:
fettlidsraw.jpg

borden-3-hole-connector.jpg

Some of these greeblies don't have practical use, they just look cool. Then with time they got multiple names like data port, diagnostic port, borden connector and so on (long answer).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back