Boushh Hyperdyne voice changer & throat mic?

Ubese

New Hunter
Hey folks,

I guess the title says it all. I got my hands on a hyperdyne "Deluxe Pro Trooper Voice Amp" and was wondering if these work with throat microphones? Does anyone have any experience regarding throat microphones for trooping in general? I kind of like the idea of not having to incorporate the mic into my bucket but I'm not sure how this will affect the overall voice changing effect.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also been toying around the idea of a throat mic for my partner's Boushh. There is just no room in the helmet.

On whitearmor there is a guy that does a review of throat mics, but they seem to be really finicky. You have to get them perfect, and the cheaper ones (if you call $50+ cheaper) are not really that great at all. He seems pretty happy with it though:

I also want to use the voice synth app profile I created for Boushh. So I need to find a way to attach an iPhone to the inside of the armor comfortably...plus find a location for the aker.....and of course...hide all the cables.

I have also been toying around the idea of a throat mic for my partner's Boushh. There is just no room in the helmet.

On whitearmor there is a guy that does a review of throat mics, but they seem to be really finicky. You have to get them perfect, and the cheaper ones (if you call $50+ cheaper) are not really that great at all. He seems pretty happy with it though:

I also want to use the voice synth app profile I created for Boushh. So I need to find a way to attach an iPhone to the inside of the armor comfortably...plus find a location for the aker.....and of course...hide all the cables.

thanks man, great hint. Ubese, let us order together !

good question, I am in the boat, but the link shows no throat mics ?!

That's because I didn't put the links there at all. They were added when I posted the topic. Coudn't edit them though, so it's a little confusing I guess...

Back to topic :D
DeathProof: Thanks for the video! This really helps! :)
I ordered a cheap throat mic plus adapter for "3.5 mono" over Amazon to check if a setup like this can be used at all. Should arrive by the weekend and I will keep you all updated.
BH2647: If this works the way I hope, I am definitely going to up the game a little and get some higher quality mic. So sure! If it works, we can order together :)

I managed to fit a wireless mic in my partner's boushh helmet. I'm going to find a leather pouch that we can attach to the front of the bandolier and put in the speaker and voice changer. Won't technically be accurate, but at least the voice will move forward.

https://youtu.be/4aP4e-156wo

Thanks for sharing! Could you post pictures of the inside of the helmet? I'd like see where and how you attached the mic if possible :)

The throat mic I ordered arrived yesterday but it's not working at all. Doesn't matter if I add the voice changer or not. Cheap quality I guess... :/

@Ubese

The mic is actually not attached to the helmet. We were able to slide the mic in under her balaclava after she put the helmet on. It's pressure fitted in the cheek area. Because it's wireless, this no issue.

The issue is trying to find a place for the speaker. I thought about putting it behind her girth belt, but the speaker is too wide, and it's very noticeable. Looks like I'm still looking for an ammo pouch to put it in.

I was thinking of having Boushh voice clips linked up to a button in the gloves to "talk" actual lines from the film. Anyone know if there are files of Boushh dialogue anywhere to find ?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back