how well can you see through T-visor?

VIARPE

Hunter
Hi everyone,
I have a scratch build helmet. I've been using some acrylic sheets that I cut as visor. You can't see from the outside to the inside but from the inside to the outside you also can't almost see through lol.
Do t-visors from t-visor.com solve this? I mean, can you see the outside well without being seen?
Thank you!

Vicente.

I've heard T-Visors are pretty dark, but probably not as dark as yours sounds. Haven't used one myself. A few people have posted some example photos around you can find pretty easily though.

I've only personally used an idye self-died visor and a Hobart welding visor a lot of people get from Amazon. The idye is nice because you can control how dark you want it, but I think the Hobart is probably the best choice you can go with honestly. Pretty alright visibility, and it's a perfect thickness that's able to hold it's shape but can still be cut with scissors. Way less work than the full-thickness acrylic sheets.

Hm, I see, thank you for your answer! now to hold on for someone who has a t-visor to make the final choice!
However, mine isn't much different from a welding machine visibility.

I have used one and it is nice but I like my custom cut welding visor personally. I picked up a shade 5 green welding visor from harbor freight not too long ago, cut it to fit my visit and it works beautifully and isn't black like the t-visor.com ones.

I have used T-visor before and they work well. They are dark enough you can't see in but not so dark that you can't see out. They are about like dark sunglasses but with blocks of your vision obscured from seeing in front of you low.

I like using the welder's visors in my commissions. They're really easy to work with.
Shade 3 is dark enough that nobody can see in while you're wearing it and fairly dark to see through.
Shade 5 is even darker and from what I've heard, can be a little tricky to see through if the area where you're walking around isn't very well lit.

The reinforced ones do. But the ones I've gotten are just molded polypro. No grid.
You have to cut them to shape, but they're pretty easy to cut with a good pair of tin snips.

Ya. They're actually not really welding visors, they've just sorta picked up that name in the prop community. They're really just tinted face shields for grinding and other spark-producing work, they wouldn't really offer any more protection against a welding arc than sunglasses would.

Amazon seems to have em for the cheapest I've seen Amazon.com: Hobart 770580 Face Shield Replacement Lens, Shaded: Home Improvement
Just the black shade I've found though. The green shade is more accurate to the original (ESB only?) prop, but either works for screen accuracy, since it more or less just looks black in the color-processed final cuts.

I always use the t-visor.com ones. they are pre-cut, the correct color and thickness, your face is not visible, and i never had an issue seeing out of it. Tht said if you want less expensive, the option mentioned previously are a better bet. Ive tried to find the welding ones in the smoke color but had a really hard time finding any that are easy to cut/shape. They exist but are just too difficult to find for me, so i go with T-visor.com

I use a tvisor and see just fine. If the venue is dark it is tough to see but that would hold true with any shaded material ... it's just the same as wearing sunglasses inside

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back