How to put on the Jetpack by yourself

GeekdadX7

Active Hunter
I fiiiiinally got around to making a video, showing the stand I made for when 'trooping' alone, which lets me put on my entire kit, including jetpack, by myself. A few years ago I posted a video showing the process, but I was in shorts and a t-shirt and people said they wanted to see me do it with my armor on. I never got around to it till today. The video is 18 minutes long, but that's all just explanation and talking you through it. In reality, I can go from start to finish, putting on my entire suit by myself, in 10-15 minutes thanks to this stand.

It's just a basic, inexpensive 'dual worklight stand' I got at Harbor Freight for around $20. I built a wooden frame with a metal hanger at the top, for inside your garage, to hang shovels or other tools on, which is covered in rubbber so it's non slip. I hang the jetpack on that. The wooden frame is held to the light stand by 4 screws that pass through the metal frame and are screwed into place. The whole thing is actually pretty secure and easy to transport.

Anyways... here'ya go.
-edit- Sorry the audio is echo-y

Special Bonus:
At 7:50 you get to see the damage that was done to my backplate, by the one kid at the event I was helping at this past weekend. He completely destroyed my backplate.

Last edited:
Awesome video, love the way you've used the magnets on the jetpack straps!
yeah, the pretty much solved the biggest problem of there really wasnt any way to "strap in", even when someone is helping you put on your jetpack... because until you pull the straps under your vest, there's no tension holding the clamps/clips in place. Glue a little magnet on the bottom side, instantly solved. My only mistake when I first did it, was I used a hot glue gun. The sun got the metal clamps warm, the glue melted, and the magnets fell off lol. Now have 2 little magnets from home depot that have the thin little self adhesive tab on the back.

Great video. It’s also nice to put faces with usernames.

I don’t have any other people to troop with either, but my son helps me with the Velcroing of the vest, jetpack straps and attaching the jetpack. It’s good that you devised a way to do it yourself, but you really need someone to help you because they can double as a handler. Like I mentioned in your thread about your armor getting damaged, a good handler will help keep mischievous kids and adults off of you. Less stressful and helps you focus on what your there for.

I fiiiiinally got around to making a video, showing the stand I made for when 'trooping' alone, which lets me put on my entire kit, including jetpack, by myself. A few years ago I posted a video showing the process, but I was in shorts and a t-shirt and people said they wanted to see me do it with my armor on. I never got around to it till today. The video is 18 minutes long, but that's all just explanation and talking you through it. In reality, I can go from start to finish, putting on my entire suit by myself, in 10-15 minutes thanks to this stand.

It's just a basic, inexpensive 'dual worklight stand' I got at Harbor Freight for around $20. I built a wooden frame with a metal hanger at the top, for inside your garage, to hang shovels or other tools on, which is covered in rubbber so it's non slip. I hang the jetpack on that. The wooden frame is held to the light stand by 4 screws that pass through the metal frame and are screwed into place. The whole thing is actually pretty secure and easy to transport.

Anyways... here'ya go.
-edit- Sorry the audio is echo-y

Special Bonus:
At 7:50 you get to see the damage that was done to my backplate, by the one kid at the event I was helping at this past weekend. He completely destroyed my backplate.
Necessity is the mother of invention. I like it.... :)

Nice video, I started a thread on this subject today and was eventually referred. It all made sense, but do I understand correctly that the back of your vest is left undone and not velcro’d shut?

This thread is more than 8 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back