How to make a mold w/real pistol as start question

trooper rushmore

Active Hunter
Ok, I am Prob. gonna have to make my own Fett Blaster. I have a friend with his own armory of weapons and I am sure I could use one of his pistols as the base of my mold. However, If I want to make the base mold(pistol grip to barrel base) of a revolver using modeling clay...How can I keep his pistol clean and still get good details? I don't want to do this if it is going to require a massive cleaning job on his pistol afterwards(not to mention he would be reluctant to allow me to cast it, he's very picky of his firearms). Any suggestions or other ways I could do this? Thanks!

He has everything from 1800's upto modern rifle's and pistol's, civilian to military. I would say he has around 60-70 total firearms so it would be hard for me to give you a more defined answer. The only thing he doesn't currently have is a full auto, but I'm sure it's a matter of time before he gets that too.

If I can figure out how to do this with out getting his pistol dirty I am gonna use a .45 revolver for this. I can replicate the stock w/wood and metal and the barrel w/pvc. It's the grip and reciever that I would have a hard time duplicating w/good details.(I think).

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back