How to get pencil marks off tackle twill??

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Ugg, finally got a nice accurate tackle twill vest. I lightly pencil marked where the armor will go, in order to sew on my velcro. Now I can not get the pencil marks off. My old cottn vest, you could just use an eraser, but apparently this does not work with tackle twill material. I have try all sorts of erasers that I have around the house, but they barely touch the marks. So, I am calling on my Fett brothers (and sisters) for help. Anyone have a remedy?:(

cal196

Well-Known Hunter
A dry eraser should work, it looks like a pencil, and pushes out. if not you can take it out with a bleach pen from tide, it wont harm the fabric and it will definitly take it out.

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Thanks for the advice guys. Are dry erasers the ones that are white, and you click them out when you need more? If so, I tried one and it didn't work. I will have to look for one of those bleach pens when I go to the store, they won't hurt the color will they? My vest is already made from SGB, so I don't know if it is pre shrunk. It fits like a glove, so I do not want to change the size. I do have shout at home, will have to try it. What are most people using to weather their vests?

mrgr8ness

Well-Known Hunter
Well, I used softscrub which worked very well, but also lightened the material a little in the spots I used it. So I had to scrub the whole vest with softscrub to even it out. The result was a vest with subtle shades of grey. Natural weathering, looks real good actually.