How much is rent for a 1 bedroom apt in your area??

Just so you guys know why rent is so ridiculous in coastal So Cal; the temps here range between mid 50's to high 90's all year, with most days between mid 60's to mid 80's. :eek: But don't pack up and move just yet, prices are out of control!!!!!!!!

Deb, let me know if I can help you look for a place since I work in the development industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a decent place in my town, it's gonna run you 1600-3000k, on the high side. In any coastal community in SoCal, it will cost you a premuim. Here, rents are going up, because the demand to be here is such that the vacancy rate is hovering around 2%- 3%. It's difficult even for afluent folks to currently buy, because of the super tight lending guidelines, forcing afluent buyers to rent, further driving rents up.

*blink*

i had to put $73,800 DOWN on my house in order to get a mortgage. as in, that was the cash cost due at signing...

I don't yet know what city he is in, but I know it is HOT and a small town, so it has its drawbacks

:eek:

For a decent place in my town, it's gonna run you 1600-3000k, on the high side. In any coastal community in SoCal, it will cost you a premuim. Here, rents are going up, because the demand to be here is such that the vacancy rate is hovering around 2%- 3%. It's difficult even for afluent folks to currently buy, because of the super tight lending guidelines, forcing afluent buyers to rent, further driving rents up.

Wow, it is just insane!!!

In Atlanta I have seen between $450-$550-$675 on up. Depending on what you like. There are some good deals in town...Those are the ones close to some of the colleges too.

Also! This is the Hub of Dragon Con and a famous board member here known as the Sniffer...LOL

originally posted by Never_Ending_Fett: i've also been in that very courthouse to pay a speeding ticket while I was in college, i got stopped by a purple camero!
The purple camaro strikes again!!!! I know that car well.... I think that trooper has a new charger now....

For my 2 bedroom half finished bacement duplex we pay 500$ a month then god knows what on top of that for everything else. My brother is paying 650+$ for a 3 bedroom duplex then extra for his dog(dane) and its got a gurage where as my place dont.

So for a apartment a 1 bedroom would be hard pressed to find and if you did it would prolly cost as much for the duplexes.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back