how accurate is the redman studios BOBF helmet ?

Do you have it in hand? I’ve yet to see one and I’ve had my shipping labels since October…but no actual movement.

I've just ordered one from him. This helmet is a collaboration between RedMan, JJ Industries, and the man himself, Darren Pattenden, aka. Great Ape Studios. His design is THE standard for approval into the 501st, and all his files are top-notch.
Waiting for it in the mail, but in the meantime, I will continue working on the one I've printed myself from Mystery Makers, which was scaled down to 94% based on the size from Great Ape/RedMan helmet.

Do you have it in hand? I’ve yet to see one and I’ve had my shipping labels since October…but no actual movement.
this is mine , also I noticed when looking at the dome it is covered in dimples from the casting which isn't great

Attachments

• tempImagegeGoEX.png
    tempImagegeGoEX.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 189
  • tempImagefpp4tX.png
    tempImagefpp4tX.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 187
  • tempImageXHU2YV.png
    tempImageXHU2YV.png
    10.2 MB · Views: 184
  • tempImagebA5I3R.png
    tempImagebA5I3R.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 173
  • tempImageF72eoz.png
    tempImageF72eoz.png
    10.8 MB · Views: 153
  • tempImageDba2et.png
    tempImageDba2et.png
    8.6 MB · Views: 195
this is mine , also I noticed when looking at the dome it is covered in dimples from the casting which isn't great
Those dimples look pretty weird. That's disappointing.

Red Bow Props is the only other BOBF helmet I know that people like. I got his cast from Jackson Rupert painted. I think the Great Ape looks like it has deeper cheeks more like the original ESB/ROTJ SE helmet. I think that's more accurate to the show? But no one has production cast molds, so... who knows.

I would say Red Bow or Great Ape should be good to go for eventual CRL approval. This is just me guessing though!

Got mine in a couple weeks ago. Just like BudaFett I got my shipping notification in October but no movement so I finally contacted him in December.

Mine has those dimples Sliper8 mentioned as well as quite a few resin bubbles including this big one but at least the ear piece will cover it when attached.

Attachments

• CB5CC608-90B0-4162-A19F-C8C229D055F8.jpeg
    CB5CC608-90B0-4162-A19F-C8C229D055F8.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
Got mine in a couple weeks ago. Just like BudaFett I got my shipping notification in October but no movement so I finally contacted him in December.

Mine has those dimples Sliper8 mentioned as well as quite a few resin bubbles including this big one but at least the ear piece will cover it when attached.
ah right , is your visor cut out ? ( curious to see how it looks )

From what I can see, I don't think the visor is pre-cut, you'll have to do it yourself. Just like the casted Clone Trooper helmets from Galactic Armory, Branhfur Studios (SP?), and some other vendors who sell casted helmets the same way.

Got mine as well, and like the other folks got notified of the shipping in October but had to reach out to Danny in December to get it shipped. From a cursory once over, a really clean looking cast, everything looks right but I haven't even started it yet (working the armor prints). As good as the product(s) is/are, the delivery side of the purchase seems to be the same issue all the vendors from that group is having except Luke at JJ.

When the group announced the partnership and they advertised the pre-orders (late '21 - early '22 I think?). I was following the updates on their page until they said they would start shipping October. Got the UPS notification that it was being prepared to be shipped and then nothing for 2 months, so I inquired and it was shipped the following week. It's unfortunate, Redman does good work, they're just consistently inconsistent on delivery/communication, same as CrowProps. Admittedly Danny had some issues with his shop, etc. but still...

Okay cool. I just followed up with him. I ordered in April and I haven't gotten an update since my shipping slip was printed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back