Hello Dented Helmet

ncarfagna

New Hunter
Hello Dented Helmet. My name is Nic and I’m new to the forum. Long time fan of star wars and full time dad and police officer here in Arizona. I have a 5 year old son who is in love with Star Wars and in love with the bounty hunters/mandalorian/empire side of the universe. He has since named his bmx bike “slave1”.his nickname is “Bubby” so he is now called “Bubby Fett” as he prefers to be called as such. I am having a helmet 3D printed for him. I’m wondering if anybody knows any custom painters or members who I could send the helmet to and have it painted. My goal is to have him a full kit of armor and jet-pack for Halloween. Any help would be great from this community.

Just trying to support my son in his love for star wars and allow him to have fun on Halloween and Star Wars conventions etc.

This is the way!

ncarfagna
That's really cool! And welcome! You'll find this site has many resources available to you. I was curious what version of Fett is Bubby going after? Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi or some other variant?

Regards,
-Iron

Hey Iron,

Bubby is really in love with the new Mandalorian version of Boba Fett. He likes the tubes that connect from the jet pack to his gauntlet and likes the weathered helmet and armor. I myself love ESB Boba Fett. But I have found a printer that has taken measurements of my son and converted them Into the 3D printing to fit him accordingly. He’s getting the jet pack and helmet and gauntlets and front and back chest plate and shoulder armor printed. We have the hasbro version of the EE-3 Blaster but will also have another printed EE-3 and blaster pistol that boba had in Mandalorian. I myself and really excited for the all this to come to life. His love for Star Wars and the bounty hunters has been amazing to see.

ncarfagna
That's great to hear! I'm not sure if you're aware but putting together and making a full costume is not an easy task, it does take some time and depending on the quality for some of the adult versions, takes a year or more. I myself completed a ROTJ Fett last year. Just in time for Halloween but started the project in November of 2019. Here is a pic of me and my daughter during the 2020 Halloween event we went to and what I was able to complete in a years time frame.
Boba Fett and Spider-Gwen.jpg

Boba Fett Profile.jpg

The ROTJ variant also has those three "Tubes" that extend from the Gauntlets and into the sleeves of the flight suit. There have been bumps in my journey as you can see I'm without the left shoulder armor, which is coming from an overseas vendor (Boba Maker UK) and I should hopefully have it within the next week or so. As with most on here I'll be upgrading it over time and swapping various parts out with others. I have an extensive WIP (Work In Progress) thread on here, detailing out from start to finish my iteration. Forewarning, my WIP is heavily detailed and pic heavy hahaha!

One of the most impressive Boba Fett Costume's I seen for a kid was this one from a user who goes by the name "MakerDan".

If that's the quality you're after you may wanna ping him to see what vendors he went with - but mostly looks like he may have 3D printed the stuff.

Good luck on your journey!

Regards,
-Iron

ncarfagna
That's great to hear! I'm not sure if you're aware but putting together and making a full costume is not an easy task, it does take some time and depending on the quality for some of the adult versions, takes a year or more. I myself completed a ROTJ Fett last year. Just in time for Halloween but started the project in November of 2019. Here is a pic of me and my daughter during the 2020 Halloween event we went to and what I was able to complete in a years time frame.
View attachment 206359
View attachment 206360
The ROTJ variant also has those three "Tubes" that extend from the Gauntlets and into the sleeves of the flight suit. There have been bumps in my journey as you can see I'm without the left shoulder armor, which is coming from an overseas vendor (Boba Maker UK) and I should hopefully have it within the next week or so. As with most on here I'll be upgrading it over time and swapping various parts out with others. I have an extensive WIP (Work In Progress) thread on here, detailing out from start to finish my iteration. Forewarning, my WIP is heavily detailed and pic heavy hahaha!

One of the most impressive Boba Fett Costume's I seen for a kid was this one from a user who goes by the name "MakerDan".

If that's the quality you're after you may wanna ping him to see what vendors he went with - but mostly looks like he may have 3D printed the stuff.

Good luck on your journey!

Regards,
-Iro

Thank you for all the replies and information. Well my son is only 5 and we’re not going for 501st quality. Fortunately this newer version of boba fett as less pieces and doesn’t need the jumpsuit and other items. So that will help speed up the process. The only thing I’ve been racking my brain about is how to mount this armor on my son to wear. No clue what to do for that.

ncarfagna
That's totally cool - I wasn't going for 501st myself either - I just wanted to stay as close as possible but knew I had the flexibility on some things. For fixing the armor, as a law enforcement officer you may be familiar with this method. I'm a former soldier of the US Army (10 years - '94 to '04 - Combat Engineer) so I'm also familiar with this too. Fixing medals, badges and insignia on the uniforms. But, a lot of folks on here have had good luck with the Clutchback and Pin method.
Jewelry Pins.jpg

I myself used the Nuts and Bolts and Grommets but I also had a vest to attach it all too. Not sure that method would be comfortable with your 5 year old son - hehehe! Another idea is to use Velcro - but from my reading that method has gotten mixed reviews.

Regards,
-Iron

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back