Hasbro black series boba

e3kehoe

Active Hunter
1FA30732-8AC0-4603-9AB1-5F6A0B69A81C.jpeg
8E539FE3-6D4F-4E5C-846C-2655184E5338.jpeg
199D1F80-5A36-47DB-AC04-B0B4B89C84BF.jpeg

This was announced today at the SDCC. Thoughts?

Some more info in this article about the SDCC presentation:

"The final, and really only big reveal of the panel is that we are finally getting an amazing Boba Fett helmet. It is stunningly accurate, as they took it right from the scan of the original helmet. It has the most paint aps they have done on a single piece besides the Sail Barge, and features a working range finder as well.""

If the production helms do come out looking as good as that, and for $119.99 as mentioned here, then goddamn that's quite an offering. I think it's safe to say that'll put a lot of us sellers out of the market lol. But that's fine, will be great to finally have a high quality official offering.

Actually... Nevermind... This pic is way clearer than the one I saw earlier today....hasbro totally ripped off my idea/design for the interior... Of course the hasbro designers could've accidentally integrated every single aspect of my design.
Smh:mad:
View attachment 177573
The scaled MR helmets already featured this design several years ago. I believe that this design originally stems from a book showing how Fett's helmet's interior looks in-universe, doesn't it? I can't find that source for that right now, so I might be 100% wrong.

Is the prototype they have on display hand painted? Looks that way by some of the pics I saw.
After looking at the pictures more closely it definitely looks like it was hand painted with a brush. So we don’t know what the paint will actually look like when all is said and done. As we all know there are a ton of paint levels on the lid so my guess it will be more like the EFX or the MR style of paint but something in me says it won’t be quite as good though all in all. Hasbro will definitely cut some corners to mimi nice production cost.

Where's the wonky, WHERE'S THE FUNKY BROW LINE?!

Looks decent tho for the price. Curious to see the mass produced pieces..

Yeah just as expected they fixed all the beautiful imperfections we know and love with the Original bucket and replaced with symmetrical forms like EFX did. Such a shame. Also WhiteShadow, i wouldn't worry about it man. This stuff unfortunately happens, it won't nearly be as detailed or as premium as yours are! And yep, that helmet interior has been around since the old OT visual dictionary so they have the license to do it.

Spacebob's pictures show the difference really well of the scans. They don't have that chip on the wearer's left side near the t-visor, they don't have the T asymmetrical on the corners like the real helmet, and they don't have the signature crooked brow... There might be a few more differences I'm not noticing?

Regardless, I would be really surprised if the paint application looks that good when it is delivered since it looks amazing for $120. I would assume it's similar to Sideshow pieces since Sideshow Premium Format pieces usually look WAY better at the conventions when they're hyping up a new premium format figure compared to when they actually deliver those same figures to the masses.

If the paint job is that good for $120 that's pretty awesome and I'll probably buy one since it's so cheap if it fits my head.

Got to say the black/legend series just gets better mostly (Vader was too big to work) so I think that it could have a decent paint job.
We'll have to wait and see.

The hasbro interior isn't based on the riddell/mr. But every element they used corresponds to the V2.
Hasbro did a complete resculpt, but they didn't pull the design from the riddell/MR. It's a "stylized" version of my work.

Attachments

• 2019072015144067120_1563650786050.jpg
    2019072015144067120_1563650786050.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 320
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back