Getting Started Completly.....

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Hello all,

I am interested in getting started on my own helmet, but I have no clue as to where to start. What I do have is the Rubies Jango helmet. I am thinking about revamping it, but I am also considering getting one of those "mystery" helmets I see everywhere, but currently don't have the funds or ability to obtain one at this time. From the experienced members here, what should I do? A reason for considering buying the mystery helmet, is because it appears larger. I am 6'6, only 17, and I need the largest helmet possible, but not rediculously huge. I just need to know where to start, and go with this kind of thing. What is your oppinion? Thanks

-tubachris
(Who also has to do this in "secret" for the parents think I would be wasting money......I guess it is in a way, but screw it, I love this thing )

well, on a 6'6" body, i think you should replace the jango helmet with a vader! ;)

no, really!!

ok, so no vader... in that case, i think the rubies jango will be TINY on you. if i recall correctly, the MLC helmet is the largest one out there, so you may want to try to track one of those down.

I agree. A Rubies would be waaay too small. The mystery or BM helmets are significantly larger. From what I understand, the MLCs are pretty rare (and more expensive).

If you can't afford the more expensive helmets right now then just save your money for a while. At your size a rubies will look really small on you. I would use the rubies as a paint test helmet to hone your skills before jumping into a new expensive helmet. As is stated in many of other threads the helmet is the most important part of your costume, if the helmet looks good then the rest of the costume looks better, or vice versa.

Predatormv said:
If you can't afford the more expensive helmets right now then just save your money for a while. At your size a rubies will look really small on you. I would use the rubies as a paint test helmet to hone your skills before jumping into a new expensive helmet. As is stated in many of other threads the helmet is the most important part of your costume, if the helmet looks good then the rest of the costume looks better, or vice versa.

Yea, I totally agree. I am not however going for a complete costume, merely just the helmet for display purpouses, and the occasional nerd-outing, as I call it. What I really want to try and create is a screen acurate Jango helmet. I have seen those "bobmaker" helmets, are those any good? I really like the RF's withe the little screens on them, make it more "realistic" in a way. As far as the money goes, I'm sure thats a common issue with alot of people, I was about to get a job at a local place, but had to decline because I was concentrating more on school. It seems an afternoon with the superintendant of the Naval Academy got me more focused on school and grades. But all I can do now i guess is save, and try and get gigs playing Tuba someplace. Perhaps I can just save up money. I would sure like to know of any mystery helmets up for sale, or possibly consider buying the basic bobmaker helmet package thing, and gradually finish building it from there. Thanks.

-tubachris
(Who will play Tuba for money)

If you are planning on making a Jango helmet then I would suggest getting a helmet that is designed as a Jango helmet and not a Boba and converting it. Contact bigkidbiggertoys here on these boards, he makes an amazing Jango helmet (I just got one and can speak out of experiance). Also since you are looking at Jango stuff and not Boba Check out the Jango section of these boards, this section you are posting in is all about Boba.

wow.. at 6'6' I'd be all over doing a Vader ... = no retarded looking lifts.

I think it was mentioned already BKBT does Jango as does JD.

Kivas said:
wow.. at 6'6' I'd be all over doing a Vader ... = no retarded looking lifts.

I think it was mentioned already BKBT does Jango as does JD.

Ah, the thing about me, is that I am not a skinny tall person, I appear proportional, I guess a "mini-hulk" as I call it. However, Im working on the muscle part of it. lol. I do like Vader in almost respcts as Jango, had my fair share though, but I honestly think the Mando helmet is pretty basass looking. Plus, the character of jango is an all out certified badass, and he dosnt use the force or have any special abilities other then combat wits and physical strenghts, thats why I choose Jango over anyone else to be honest. I do have my own things for vader, such as that MR'S FX lightsaber replica, which I have on display only. In the long run, I feel that was a good bargain for any replcia vader saber, cause the thing is made out of metal, and parts on it are almost exact. I know it can't compare to others out there, but for me, thats just perfect for me, instead of having to spend almost $500 on a regular MR version. I got my FX for only $99. Other then that, I try to get hold of as many star wars things as I possibly can.

If anyone's ever seen my room, it just says Jango. My favorite color is blue, and by luck of fate, my room was painted blue when I was younger, my bed sheets are freakin blue and a non-shiny (not going that far) silver. And otherthings, but I wont't rant on about it. Either way, you might consider me crazy or insane, doesnt mattr to me. Another thing to add, I am a musician, I started doig musicbecuse of the music of star wars. Ive heard almost everysingle shred of music for it, and can identify what scene the music is being played for. I will take any challenges lol. I told you I was insane.........:cheers

-tubachris

Sorry if I seem to keep up this thread, but I was curious as to start somewhere, and possibly make my own RF. I was thinking about getting some cheap metal, or possible aluminum, and getting the right thinckness, lenght ect, at the local Lowes hardware store, or Home Depot. I was wondering if there was a template for the stalk at least, if anyone can help me with it. Thank you

-tubachris

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back