Getting fresh air in a mando helmet

instead of just a neck seal, i wear a ski mask, its more like a ninja mask because it goes all aount your head, with just a horizontal cut out for your eyes, the way i wear it i leave my nose sticking out of it and i breath through my mouth, it gets hot, but not to the point were im sufficating lol

I was wondering how I was going to keep my hair from getting caught in a fan I'll probably put in my helmet...and now I know that that is a problem. I guess like its already been said, putting something like a holed covering would be good. When I troop I'm going to put my hair in a french braid and probably wear a swimming cap, since that will definitely keep it from the fan..

If you're going to put mesh screening in front of your fans or vent holes, might i suggest that you use nylon window screen mesh. It's fairly inexpensive and super easy to work with. ( you can pick up a roll at most hardware stores like Home Depot for around $10 )

I was wondering how I was going to keep my hair from getting caught in a fan I'll probably put in my helmet...and now I know that that is a problem. I guess like its already been said, putting something like a holed covering would be good. When I troop I'm going to put my hair in a french braid and probably wear a swimming cap, since that will definitely keep it from the fan..

I'd go with an UnderArmour skull cap. stretchy like a swimming cap, but wicks sweat too! I picked up one off of eBay for $9 shipped. I wear it in the summer when it's too hot for the full hood. (y)

I was going to suggest a wig cap instead of a swimming cap. Wig cap costs between $1-2, check local costume shops, and is made of panty-hose type material. It'll keep your hair contained without being even half as hot as a swimming cap.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back