Gauntlet missile question

EVO3

Hunter
Hey guys, I know I havent posted here in a while. I just got sidetracked on a commander clone project i was working on.

Anyways, i want to get started on my ESB Fett and im trying to get a friend of mine to machine me a Gauntlet missile entirely out of aluminum and then have the tip of it anodized bronze. Only thing i need is measurements. Ive searched this forum for a few hours yesterday and found that it needs to be 18.3 cm. (7 3/8"). I also found that the bronze part 1 3/8" tall at its highest point and the main body is 1" tall. Are these measurements accurate? I already have two missiles, one resin (ruffkin) and one Aluminum and brass (weighs a ton!!). The measurements i just read off to you do not match the missiles i have though.

Ultimately my goal is to get the lightest machined missile i can get. Please, any info given to me would be greatly appriciated.

THANKS!!!

Heres a pic of my personal one....still needs weathered.

DSC01016.jpg

Maybe this would help. I found the PDF file I did with complete dimensions. See attached

Alan

Gauntlet Rocket.jpg

Attachments

• GRocket.pdf
    355.6 KB · Views: 416
Maybe this would help. I found the PDF file I did with complete dimensions. See attached

Alan

Alan,
I still need to try and make one to your print.
The ones I have made in the past seem a bit to big. The one in the pic is a one off of some measurements I was playing with in CAD.
I also went with only six splines instead of eight.

EVO3,
You can't go wrong the Wiz's prints.

Deadbolt,
I have never done a run with the copper tips. I only made two like that. I have one and Rip has the other. The rockets I have done in the past are not to WOF's prints. Everything else, except the "FP" knee darts have been WOF's prints, with his permission and a free set sent to him.

Alan is WAY BEYOND "THE MAN"

-Tim-

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the delayed response guys. I was at SW Weekends with my family this weekend.

Thanks for all the info though. It will help out tremendously!

Wizard, PM sent.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back