Garbage can armor, REALLY!

lol i used GOOP stuff works well but you deffinatly wanna clamp it cuz it tends to slide a bit at first and the a dremmel to sand the sides,the friction heats the edges so they blend then a nicer softler sand to get the smooth plate edges ill post the pics of the plates togeth as soon as i can get the cable for my digital camera,i have no friggen idea were i put it:(

another note i kinda,i rarely find this works exactly like planned, spread out the GOOP glue kinda like pain to avoid any bulk in the glue in sections.and trimming should be easy,if need there be any,after the glue settles.

Nice tip. I am going to try that on my next one. Do you have any problems heating with the torch? I would think a blowtorch would be a bit more difficult than a heat gun. With the heat gun there is no flame and the heat is very controllable. I'm just saying if you are looking to purchase something, the heat gun is more of a controllable tool, IMO. Also this material cools fairly quickly, but I still think cold water is great. It will re-solidify the piece almost instantly.

I didn't have a heat gun and did have a blow torch handy. That's the only reason I use it. If you hole it at just the right distance, you get all the heat and none of the melting. There is the occasional scorching, but that can be sanded. The trick I've found is to hold it on long enough to see it start to droop, then roll it with the tape roll and tape it down. It does take a little while to cool, but that's the trade off.

David.

Ok guys, I started on my next set of trash can armor. I just cut it out and am about to trim it up. What do you think?
P1010420.jpg

P1010421.jpg

HAHAHAHA! Just Kidding! I just got my new FP in the mail! This thread was originally started as a practice run to warm up for my FP paint job. I am probably going to start on it now, but I have been searching for a flightsuit for the mando armor that I made in this thread, so it is still a work in progress. I just had to put up pics of the almighty FP!

Attachments

• P1010420.jpg
    P1010420.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 106
  • P1010421.jpg
    P1010421.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 110
I too am making a "trash can" suit of armor. (Mando Variants, thread title: Django's Custom Mando) I liked how yours came out very much. Great job, btw. I was just wondering how the progress on the trash can gauntlets was going. any luck?

Trash can armor? I threw that junk away!

HAHA! Just Kidding. I am still working on using it for my first custom mando. I have been looking for a good flight suit and flak vest for it.

Django:I haven't had time to work on the gauntlets lately, and they were made out of "NO TRESPASSING" signs, just to clarify. I did put my first layer of bondo on one on them, but still need to sand it. Too many projects going at the same time. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. It still wasn't easy though!

I should probably let this thread die? Maybe start one with the mando build, and one with the FP paint-up. Or I could just continue this one into my ESB paintjob, which the trash can armor was intended as practice for anyway. Not sure what the proper etiquette is? Or if it even matters. Am I talking to myself? Am I crazy? Ah, the life of a bounty hunter!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back