FPH2 helmet build (Target helmet size compare)

Lynn TXP 0369

Well-Known Hunter
I got my new helmet that I will use for my Mandalorian Protector today.
It is an FPH2 ESB
n76g68S.jpg

14vGYbv.jpg

Surprisingly it is not a lot bigger then my Target helmet, It is more accurate and shaped correctly, but size wise, it is not much if at all bigger tyhen the Target helmet.
d9KW1sg.jpg

FlwAzDL.jpg

UWkpIbh.jpg

xggQjNr.jpg

zXOs8pN.jpg

RkBYF1J.jpg

ZuElUsZ.jpg

I will be starting a build thread with this thread.
It will kill me to fill that dent in, but..... I'll have a nicer shaped helmet.
Lynn

Well, I had to jump right into this bad boy!! LOL!!

Visor cut out.
5KpLKLn.jpg

Holes drilled
n47JbrQ.jpg

Started with a square file to open them up.
0Z1Ifbj.jpg

KgkbnTQ.jpg

Next a rectangle file to get the skinny spots.
ZjNIc6W.jpg

Key slots done. Not perfect as I had to take a bit more out because my pilot holes weren't perfectly lined up, but it will be OK when the PC board is installed and all painted, you won't even notice it.
XBWrjPW.jpg

jj3H6EZ.jpg

Lynn

Visor install parts.
vMO5qht.jpg

Mirror hangers, Chicago screw screw part, brass thumb nut to fit Chicago screw.
I may have to bend and test mirror hangers to fit, but this is my tried and true method of visor installs.
Lynn

Last edited:
The mirror hangers is a great idea. I can see how you would have to flatten the brackets out a little to work with the smaller thickness of the visor....Don

The mirror hangers is a great idea. I can see how you would have to flatten the brackets out a little to work with the smaller thickness of the visor....Don
Thanks! I have used this method over years many times. I really like the hangers. You don't have to bend them at all or just a little bit on a couple.
Lynn

A little more done today.
Visor Chicago screw bolts epoxied in place. I won't bolt the visor in place until I let the epoxie sit for 24 hours.
VNQ8UQg.jpg

Ear holes marked and drilled.
21EJ9Xu.jpg

gZ7jpdT.jpg

Helmet ear holes drilled. For some reason I had a heck of a time drilling the right ear cap top locations.
R9RGpzz.jpg

WMg7y2o.jpg

Ear cap installed. I put too long a screw in the ear top and I dimpled the ear out a bit, I'll have to sand that flat.
6ImwvSX.jpg

yGYaDsM.jpg

3S7XUue.jpg

Lynn

More done.
Visor is in place with Chicago screws and mirror hangers.
Gl1T4wq.jpg

qieVDEA.jpg

Ears bolts are epoxied in. I put in three bolts each as they had a slight bow to them not allowing them to lay flat and I tried several times to heat them up and get them to lay flat without success so I decided this was the better way to go.
7DrIZz6.jpg

Zn0JoL4.jpg

Lynn

Calculator mounted to the back of helmet.
n3mllNx.jpg

E6TJ7s9.jpg

Trying to install servo, but failing, it is binding and not even mounted yet, I need to get some kind of coupler to extend it a bit.
rJGkTpp.jpg

l5icBPY.jpg

rXBlvh6.jpg

Lynn

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back