Flack vest/neck seal shiney or dull???

Zom0898

Hunter
Its now time to get the neck seal and the flack vest, in not sure of the shiny/dull combo which is correct for the ROTJ suit so I'm asking you good people for advive, what combos are people using?

Personally, i'm in the dull vest, shiny neck camp, but there are compelling arguments for shiny/shiny

I went dull vest, shiny neck. The vest does seem to be a lot less shiny compared to the neck, at least on ESB, although that could be down to heavier weathering. It's just personal preference really since either combination will get you cleared.

Shiny/shiny. I went dull vest and shiny neck seal and have regretted it since day one. I'm remedying that now...

IMG_9553.JPG

It's kinda shiny and dull depending on the light.

Shiny/shiny.
I've tried a couple of flak vests from some of the high end makers but neither has turned out quite right for me. Each had positives and negatives so in the end I'm starting from scratch.
where did you source the fabric/material from ?

Last edited:
where did you source the fabric/material from ?

I looked through absolutely loads of different samples to get what I felt was the right level of shine and fabric weight. I went with a lightly satinised cotton.

The flight suit is a Bobamaker that I am altering. It isn't quite perfect but the areas of it that fall short are, and I shudder to say this, going to hidden by the flak vest and armour. There; I've said it. Now I feel ashamed.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back