First time playing around with paint on a bucket

Kimozaki

Hunter
So after a 2 year long journey to have my self built bucket (thread here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/full-boba-fett-build-over-time-noob-48168/) I decided to play around with some paint on it! I checked out howlrunner's paintup and he only used brushes. Since I don't have a airbrush yet I decided I would try that method aswell. I had some tabs up on the iPad with rafalfetts templates and some tabs with terminal fetters "one last wafer thin ESB paintjob" and got started. Thanks for your inspiration and help rafalfett, howlrunner and terminal fetter. You guys are great! :)

Now please have in mind I didn't ain for 100% screen accurate on this. I can cast as many buckets I want and hopefully I will soon have my very own airbrush and then I will try to make a better looking bucket but I still want to show it to all that wants to have a look!

image.jpgMasked off all the big areas and painted the base colors first.
image.jpg°
image.jpgI painted the colors on with a large round brush and then I smudged it out with my fingertips to have a more smooth surface. Then I polished it with 0000 wire wool.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpgThen I painted the slightly lager areas and then the small areas with brushes matching with the size of the area.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hope you guys like it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a comparison between the original and mine:image.jpg

I think that's fantastic....especially as a first effort and with brushes. I used an airbrush for my first effort http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/here-my-first-ever-paint-anything-hope-you-like-51670/ but it didnt turn out as good as that. I guess you'll need an airbrush or similar to get the weathering right, but I think you've done a fantastic job...hopefully mine will look as good when I'm done.
Well played sir !

Wow i think yours look amazing bro! Thank you so much for the feedback! I'll keep an eye on yours!

This looks really good! Very nice job, must be a good feeling knowing this was all scratch-made!

Thank YOU mrdickjones!! Yes it's a wonderful feeling that that entire bucket comes from my very own hands, I made everything on it! It's crazy. Except for the paint, I acually bought the paint in little cans :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back