Finishing up my Boba Bucket and I think I have a Fett fettish as well.....

Don't say that, no one is going to get it right first time. My own first, and so far only, attempt at this was pretty mediocre overall. The only part I was really all that happy with was the back panels and, frankly, I made a right pig's ear of the dent, the killstripes were overcooked... the list goes on. Those top guys are good because they've had a lot of practice. Superjedi, who is one of the most consistent, has done over 20 ESB helmets.

oh, don't get me wrong. I'm not down on myself over this at all. I'm happy with the result (mostly) but I can't imagine putting this much time in it again! I will probably scratch build more helmets but I probably won't do a boba paint job ever again just due to pure time and the fact that my arm, shoulders and back hurt from doing it lol! I'm satisfied enough to stay away from this particular paint job for a very long time! I say that, but I'm sure the pain will fade and I'll get it in my head to do another eventually......

Well some more pics! Finally, the end is near! I still don't have the ear cap details painted yet and the overall paint job isn't perfect but I'm totally content with it considering it's 100% scratch built that I didn't buy a single part for. EVERYTHING hand made by me! I hope you guys enjoy and I'll post a final after I get the kill stripes and ear details done. I'll also take any criticism you want to throw my way. Can't really change anything at this point and quite honestly don't want to but IF I ever do another one, which is highly doubtful, I'll take anything into consideration.

Under my shop lights.
IMG_3313.JPGIMG_3312.JPGIMG_3311.JPGIMG_3310.JPG

Pics under LED lighting in my kitchen.
IMG_3319.JPGIMG_3320.JPG

Fluorescent shop lights again
IMG_3338.JPGIMG_3333.JPGIMG_3332.JPGIMG_3331.JPGIMG_3339.JPG

Outside photos so you can see the color differences from the florescent lighting in the above pics. Right in the sunlight so you can see all my flaws haha.
IMG_3343.JPGIMG_3344.JPG

As a side note, the one thing I wish I had not done was clear coat the dome and cheeks. Can't undo it now but that was a mistake on this build for me. Also want to thank everyone that took the time to make templates for the actual helmet build, the paint templates and everyone who told me what to do and not to do.

If you have not tried to do one of these, DO IT! The fulfillment level when you're done is incredible! This took me over a year to complete (and still not done) so don't get discouraged. Walk away and pick it up again when you feel like you want to get abused by this build!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back