Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

I am inclined to say that I think you believe the stuff is great because you didnt do your homework and check out the work of some of the real guys here who make Jango stuff. I f you think the stuff is good then that's cool but Gabe has a very bad rep for shoddy wares and ripping people off. It's all over the thread. I cant see how you ordered from him if you read this entire thread. The info here more than illustrates that you stood a VERY good chance of getting boned. As bad as it sounds if you go around sending your cash to the wrong people and touting their greatness you may find it hard to get advice or help from others. My first set of boots came from Gabe and it took just shy of 5 months and when they did get here they had been shipped in a plastic bag mailer and were beaten up and the first time I tried them on the back split open so I suggest you mass alot of Jango screen grabs and see how great your stuff is then.

I hadn't even heard of and wasn't even on TDH when I ordered from EVO props. So, I was ignorant for sure. After I found TDH, I started looking around and found this thread and was like...uh oh. But there were a few people who were pleased with their stuff. I had already paid and all that so I just decided I'd see what happened even though I could end up eating the money I spent with EVO. I hoped for the best and my stuff came in and I was really pleased. Aside from a few tweaks to do, and fix a chip/crack that happened during shipping on the knees, the stuff was great.

I know and admit I was/am, naive, somewhat foolish, and uninformed. Yeah, totally my bad. But you might say I just happened to get lucky. I don't know. But I got my stuff and it was good.
I will say I am for sure getting all my stuff from guys here on TDH in the future. I'm not saying EVO is for everyone. I got good stuff from them, but that doesn't go for everyone necessarily. SO all this to say,
Thanks for watching out for others and their money. I just wish I had been here on TDH from the start. Still new to all this. All you pros have a ton more knowledge and wisdom than me. Which is why I'm on here. Thanks all and sorry for....being naive? Yeah. ;-)

I'm here to make friends and be instructed, taught, critiqued, etc. Not to make enemies or seem like I know everything. I don't know diddly squat haha. Yeah. Thanks.

I dunno, I might be old fashioned here since I've been on this board since 2005.... but I think he looks awesome in his EVO Jango suit. Back in the day we didn't have standards like ILM buckets, Fettpride, Man of War, we either had to build this stuff ourselves or pick things up from various makers so all suits had their own little "character" to them. It really wasn't until 2007 that people stopped using Don Post buckets.

I just got the vest, flight suit and knees from EVO. Here are some pics. I painted and weathered the knees to match my other stuff. Yeah, I'm definitely going to be getting stuff from guys here TDH. Real guys, with Real products, and LIGHTNING FAST SHIPPING! Haha. No waiting around for weeks. ;-)

Photo on 2011-01-29 at 20.57.jpgPhoto on 2011-01-29 at 21.14.jpgPhoto on 2011-01-29 at 21.15.jpgPhoto on 2011-01-29 at 17.37.jpg

Well, I'm back ... I admit that I do not get time, let alone post, but I had promised not to participate more in this treatise, I break my promise to cheer up the good work you are doing in your Jango Michael; also clarifies (for misunderstanding) that I read this post and never knew that Michael was a member here, lately I was devoting to work on improving products, drop those with problems and just take it to fulfill orders on time and with good quality, unfortunately (or not) is me only in my business and all questions from manufacturing to only pass completion for me, that says that can do what people expect .-
In the past, the enterprise wanted to be a mega corporation, but failed and was never actually seeking my partner but I had driven so ... take the course again today as I wanted to do with evolution from the beginning

I'm still waiting on resolution from Gabe. I have asked for a refund NONSTOP since Sept of 2009....still no action, just stuck with a pile of garbage parts. Tons of personal emails... "I try to find a solution on Monday when i back to work". Been getting the same response for awhile. You complain to the guy asking for a refund and he mails you more of the same junk. Then when you write him more asking where you refund is, he states you accepted replacements. How can you accept something that just randomly shows up at your doorstep? I got the 2nd batch of parts and asked why I got this junk (some of it just random costume pieces unrelated to my purchase). So basically I am stuck with $350 of trash. Guy is a crook and won't ship your stuff until it's too late to file with Paypal for a dispute. I know he does this cause the replacement parts he shipped got to me in a week from him. So why does it take magically over 60 days to get your stuff from him?

You answered your own question, because he's a thief. Newsflash Gabe, unless the buyer agrees to take replacement parts, you can't just send parts and not refund because they "accepted replacement parts" Oh you'll have a hell of a time trying to get hold of him, and when you do it always some excuse, but he always finds time to come here with other excuses of why his products are **** or even why you never even got the parts in the first place. It always something, incompetent workers, mishap in the mail, miscommunication in the order, always anything but him simply putting out poor quality parts. If he sold them for half the price and advertised his parts as for a beginner Fett, the poor quality "might" be permissible, but the service is still horrendous and he's nothing but excuses. The sad part to me is you're not even in the top 10 people who have had issues with him, from this site alone, and yet he's still allowed to come here spew his excuses and rip off more new buyers. If I was on the admin team and someone like this came along, and as many people had complaints of poor gear or no gear and had the photos to back it up as there are, I'd have put his account on the OUT tray long ago, we don't allow the owner of SFP here do we? As a forum for the building of quality Fett suits don't we have an obligation to our members to weed these jerks out?

There are some of us who have received excellent service and products from Gabe at EVO. Like me. I would like to see how many people still have missing parts, or a not-recieved refund or replacement parts from Gabe. He has always been honest with me. And that's not just me being nice. Because people can say stuff when they have a grudge and are kind of flamed up about the whole thing, that might not be totally accurate. I'm not saying anything about anyone, btw. I'm just saying.
Personally my stuff from Gabe is great. And he always communicates with me and hits me with updates and stuff. SO.....your turn ;-)

Mandosoldier - yeah I know. But like I told Gabe, since he doesn't want to do the right thing, I will never stop spreading the word about him.

mhlayne - because he is so hit and miss is why he does not sell here and preys off the uninformed on Ebay. I'll admit his metal parts of ok, way ever priced and still low quality, but ok. His best plastic parts are worse than the worst Rubies Supreme parts. Luckily, I didn't waste money on his soft goods. The fact that Gabe has multiple investigations against him from Ebay, Paypal (yeah basically the same company) and the Feds should tell you all you need to know about the guy.

COC, you mean chain of command? This is not an organization or Legion detachment, so no CoC. There is an web admin team, however. I think there have been enough threads and proof of what Gabe does to not consider this slander, but educating your fellow costumers.

I got 2 soft parts for my Jango from Gabe and both were top notch and decently priced. My kneepads were also good. The color on both Jango's vest and jumpsuit were great. I'd recommend them to anyone.

I think that there were some legitimate issues with Gabe and EVO in the past, but the stuff I got along with the service leads me to believe that he is trying to redeem himself and his company. I can understand that some people had some really bad experiences with him in the past, but I just ordered stuff from him recently and everything was great, so. I think he's on the way back up. Give him a chance.
That's just my feelings on the matter.

See these are the kind of comments that don't do to much for me. Details man, details! I'd like to know specifics. $350 for what? How did it all happen? Who did what, where, how? That kind of stuff? Did he send you replacement parts? Or what? Any pics of unsatisfactory stuff? Thanks.

I agree with jinto. There's some pretty nasty stuff on this thread. Yeeesh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Gabe's full Boba armor set (not gaunts, just the chest, shoulders back cod and knees.). On this thread I posted knee pics:

evolution-props-great-experiment

I think I still have a shoulder and cod laying around to show my friends what Evo stuff looks like in person. A buddy of mine also bought his stuff and it was actually WORSE than mine.

I'll repeat some of the story here (since it's already told in other threads). I bought it on Ebay and got it right outside the 60 day dispute window. I opened it up, backplate cracked, cod cracked, armor smelled like an ashtray. I picked up one of the very undersized shoulder bells and the "weathering" came off of it and onto my fingertips. It was like still damp wood stain. I snapped one of the pieces of elastic from the cod to the kidney plate and the snap fell off with little to no resistance.
I emailed him demanding a refund since conveniently, Paypal could not just take my money back from him. He refused and sent me "better and reinforced" replacements. It only took the replacements 8 days to get to me, despite the original parts taking over 40 days. I did not realize the package was from him, since I was also ordering other overseas stuff. In the box was another full Evo armor set. This time the back and cod cracked worse, a couple of strange non boba parts in the box and the flamethrower box from ROTJ gaunts. Thank god I didn't buy the gaunts based on the flamethrower. Anyways, from there is was just a year of back and forth emails:

James

I try to find a solution on Monday when i back to work

Thanks

Gabe

And Pms on TDH:

Re: Hey

Hi James ... sorry the delay on the reply (i don't stay connected) ...I believe that this you being something rough with me, in this new stage I am trying to solve previous disadvantages ... and working in order that they do not return to happen, it will check his case personally next week when it returns, please write to me to my personal direction chapa59@gmail.com

I post this only as a buyer beware. You got parts to your satisfaction. Many others have not. You were willing to roll the dice, but I know many do not want to chance it. If there is a seller that is potentially shady, others should know about it.

Aha! Thanks man. See you have a legitimate story. I can relate to that better. I guess the only way we'll find out how much Gabe and EVO has changed is if more people buy from him. But I'm not sure they will. ;-) I loved my stuff. Your's was pretty awful. But that was a while ago...who knows. I don't. hahaha wow.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back