E'ville Indiana member

silvermitt

Hunter
Hi. I guess I jumped in the deep end first with my post regarding Zam Wesell instead of here first. But I've been hiding in shadows for some time both here and at the Bounty Hunter's guild. I've been a fan since I saw the first movie when I was 4 and insisted my mother put my looonnngggg hair in honeybuns over my ears. She only accommodated me twice, but I'll never forget it.

So what led me here? Well, to be allowed in the 501st, I have to have a bad girl costume. Hence, the infamous Zam. I chose to be affiliated with 501st because I am the parent of a six year old boy, whom I quite frankly was desperate to find anything, ANYTHING, that we could see eye to eye on. Firetrucks, cowboys & old Westerns, Thomas trains, and cars were not my idea of a good time. I slipped in A New Hope, and viola! Success beyond my wildest dreams achieved. He put away most of the other things and now has embraced the world of Sci-Fi a'la Star Wars (and Legos. NOT my idea, but I'll deal with it) and his big hero is now Luke Skywalker. So much I ended up making him a Black Luke costume since the commercially found ones are all the Tatooine costume. Grandma bought him the green Luke FX saber. Every chance he gets to see the 501st, he wears it all. He looks kinda like a short little Luke, actually. :)

My daughter jumped the bandwagon and decided she liked Padme. I told her I couldn't afford to go there with making some of those costumes, LOL! But she likes costuming too.

Currently, I'm making an Ewok Village Leia dress and hope to have it midway completed this week so I can post pictures and make whatever changes I'll have to do before I step it up to suede leather. I'll like wearing the leather one. I'm on th hunt for Zam stuff and it's a b***ch finding Zam material that is acceptable. As it is, I swear I think I counted a total of maybe 6 people with legion approved Zam costumes. That would be globally. I'd like to make that 7, so I'm working on the gathering aspect of it along with the Leia project. Beyond this, I llive in a little town I like to call E'ville due to the fact that driving the Expressway here has been considered, world-wide, to be one of the seven circles of hell. Don't believe me? Look up Stop-Light City sometime. That little beauty below was posted July just last year. I got a great family and look forward to putting on the Purple Threads and helping out with the charity events. Oh, and if it's possible, I'll have little Luke in wrist cuffs with me (if kids are allowed sometimes). You know, so I can get a bounty on him. :D

Is Evansville really 'Stoplight City'? | VIDEO - Courier Press

PS, I'm a dedicated ferret person too. Yep, there are shows for them critters. Ask if you dare ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back