Blaster ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions

SPY007

Active Hunter
Working on an ESB blaster build. Can any on tell me how long the barrel of the Webley. Is 7.5 correct?

And the flash tube is 4.75 inches?

Thanks

Check out my Webley Drawings, the grid is 1".

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/update-3-17-05-boba-fett-ee-3-blaster-webley-drawings-6384/

Also attached is a pic with those dims.

Hopefully this will help.

Alan

ESB Barrel Model.jpg

Alan, I don't agree. I looked at this in some detail a while back as part of the barrel mount found part discussion and I made it that the MPP tube should extend about 120 mm from the end of the Webley barrel (which is about 4 3/4"). That 120 mm includes the section which is hidden (or obscured) by the front barrel mount. Unfortunately I'm not capable of your standard of excellent drawing but I did have access to the gallery and my own real found parts (Webley/MPP etc) to come to this conclusion.

When I saw this thread I thought of something I'd seen before. Low and behold:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/...ee-3-blaster-webley-drawings-6384/#post146741

Awesome!

Live dream

andy

Well, there has been some disagreement on this issue in the past, but I can only go on what I have learned from the reference pics.

Attached is a comparison shot I did of my drawing and this classic picture. So I feel pretty good about these dimensions, but I am always looking for new info and fresh ideas.

The dimension you referenced is what I believe was used for the original Hyperfrim ESB Webley build.

Back in 2006 I was still deep in research mode on the Webley and it wasn't until I received Sidewinder's first Webley kit was I able to lock down the details for the Webley drawings.

Always looking for feedback to keep me honest.

Alan

Webley3DComp.jpg

Using 3 images from the ESB stills I got a pretty good comparison between different takes, and it seems that all the major parts are/were in the same place, more exactly there were no major changes in position or order:

EE-3 Blaster Comparison.jpg

And here is a quick comparison of Alan's drawing with one of the images:

WOF EE-3 Blaster Comparison.jpg

I agree with intwenothor that the MPP tube has 120mm sticking out from the Webleys' barrel.

RafalFett

That is FANTASTIC work thank you! Your photo shopping skills are nothing but amazing.

Now I have to wonder what was going on with the pic I used. The parallax distortion must be incredible or it was a preproduction shot and they changed it later.

Looks like I have some work to do.

Keep up the great work.

Alan

If only I knew how to use a computer!

I'm a pencil and rule kind of guy.

Nice work Alan and Raf. Awesome composite work.

God I want a decent shot of that breach greeblie and barrel mounts.

RafalFett

That is FANTASTIC work thank you! Your photo shopping skills are nothing but amazing.

Now I have to wonder what was going on with the pic I used. The parallax distortion must be incredible or it was a preproduction shot and they changed it later.

Looks like I have some work to do.

Keep up the great work.

Alan

Thanks, Alan! I would love to have your technical drawing skills, because your drawings looks always amazing!

Whenever is possible, I try to use lots of images to confront my templates/stencils to achieve the best results. But sometimes, in lack of good reference material, you have to rely on your intuition... and hope to get it right.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back