ESB gauntlets questions

Kimozaki

Hunter
Hi so I'm currently sculpting the right gauntlet ESB style. I've been looking to sculpt it as screen accurate as possible. There is a lot of good reference pics for the top part but I can't seem to find a good enough pic for the underside.

So to my questions.

image.jpg
This is a pic taken on one of the star wars exhibitions and must therefor be really accurate right? (But this is a rotj gauntlet) Do the ESB share the basic sculpt? Here it doesn't even look lite the gauntlet has a seamline?

image.jpg
This his second photo has this groove on the top stopping where the seemline starts and doesn't show any hinge.

image.jpgI've seen a lot of you guys having the groove continue down beyond the seemline and showing a lot of hinge?

what is the right way to do this for an ESB gauntlet?

Maby there already is a thread about this on here or a really great pic on the internet some where but I can't seem to find it so help me tdh you're my only hope!

You are correct, there's not supposed to be a hinge. A lot of people assemble their gaunt with hinges, although practical, it's technically not accurate.
As far as I can tell, the right gaunt is the same sculpt from ST all the way down to ROTJ (including SE).

You are correct, there's not supposed to be a hinge. A lot of people assemble their gaunt with hinges, although practical, it's technically not accurate.
As far as I can tell, the right gaunt is the same sculpt from ST all the way down to ROTJ (including SE).
what is the most screen accurate way to close gauntlets? :)

I really don't know, tbh. I've never seen any pics of the closure method they used.
I personally do the magnet method, but it's a real PITA. But it does keep the clamshells butted up against each other correctly.
Whichever way you go with, there's pros and cons to each method.

Well those pics answers all of my questions! Thank you so much. Wow these gauntlets are looking busted up!
Thanks for all of you replying!

I use industrial strength velcro. My gauntlets came with a slim strip of velcro on the default "tabs" and they were popping open when I flex my arms. So I extended the tabs with styrene and added another strip of velcro to strengthen the grip. Now they stay firmly on even as I slip my arms in and out without opening them. Hope this helps.
20170403_080310_zpsbpzc5bgp.gif

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back