ESB Fett

Blaster1965

Jr Hunter
Its been a long journey still a fair bit of tweaking to do not happy with jetpack harness but will get over this im looking to get 501st clearance can anyone talk me through the process and offer advice please

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220329-195148_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220329-195148_Gmail.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 145
Blaster1965
I'm by no means an expert on an ESB Fett. As I have a ROTJ Fett myself - even then, I don't consider myself an expert on ROTJ either, but I've been at this a couple years.

A couple things that stick out to me are...
1) The Hip Pouches that hang off the Ammo Belt - needs to be positioned directly above the Thigh Pouches.
2) Glove could be weathered a lot more - They look almost brand new.
3) Needing some Shin Tools.
4) Suit to have more of that blueish hue to it.
5) Clear Cross Hitched Tube from your Right Gauntlet could be attached a bit better.
6) Having only 1/2" of Flak Vest shown below the abdominal armor.

And this could be all part of the tweaking you mentioned you still have to do. The Jetpack Harness is a Level II certification thing, but I know folks LOVE having the Black Seatbelt style webbing with the US Divers buckle!

Things not shown in your picture are:
1) Sidearm Holster with Pulce Blaster. FYI, the 501st has the ESB Sidearm (Pulce Blaster) listed as an Optional Accessory - However the holster NEEDS to be a part of the costume. Which to me seems strange.
2) Jetpack
3) Shin Tools
4) Boots - I can make out something at the bottom, and they look like socks. ;)

Anyone else who is better at the ESB than me care to chime in?

Regards,
-Iron

Blaster1965
I'm by no means an expert on an ESB Fett. As I have a ROTJ Fett myself - even then, I don't consider myself an expert on ROTJ either, but I've been at this a couple years.

1) The Hip Pouches that hang off the Ammo Belt - needs to be positioned directly above the Thigh Pouches.
5) Clear Cross Hitched Tube from your Right Gauntlet could be attached a bit better.

And this could be all part of the tweaking you mentioned you still have to do. The Jetpack Harness is a Level II certification thing, but I know folks LOVE having the Black Seatbelt style webbing with the US Divers buckle!

1) Sidearm Holster with Pulce Blaster. FYI, the 501st has the ESB Sidearm (Pulce Blaster) listed as an Optional Accessory - However the holster NEEDS to be a part of the costume. Which to me seems strange.
2) Jetpack
3) Shin Tools

Regards,
-Iron
Blaster1965

2) Jetpack
3) Shin Tools

Regards,
-Iron
Hi thanks for feedback gloves have not been weathered yet , boots are with me vat didnt put on, sidearm and holster are bobomaker and are present maybe not visible , blaster is sidewinder finished one , the flight suit is as supplied by arkady and seems to be the right blue and maybe didnt show up in these pics very well but all feedback is greatly appreciated will attach some more pictures

Attachments

• 20220402_170823.jpg
    20220402_170823.jpg
    937.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20220402_170753.jpg
    20220402_170753.jpg
    806.4 KB · Views: 95
  • 20220402_170610.jpg
    20220402_170610.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 20220402_171034.jpg
    20220402_171034.jpg
    697.9 KB · Views: 97
Irongladiator gave some great advice. The flight suit needs to be re-dyed to get that esb blue and the vest needs to be taken in a bit. Do you have a belt with the accurate scuba buckle? Additional weathering will help too on the overall costume.

When you take pictures try and take them from 10ft away. It'll capture you and your suit with better proportions.

Hi yes the harness has the correct divers buckle , when you say take the vest in what do you mean ? As there is no spare material on the vest to take in ? If I was to take vest in at all I would be unable to get it on over the harness. Thanks for your feedback

Blaster1965
I do believe when BudaFett says "Take the vest in", I think he is referring to what I've made reference to in my comment above (#6).

The 501st states....
1649655121062.png

....and what they mean here is that the vest shown in your picture should have only 1/2 an inch of vest shown below the abdominal armor. I'll use your pic from above.....
1649655417016.png

Its actually the same for a ROTJ Boba Fett too. And yes, I had that same issue, when I first started, here is me when I first started back in 2020 (I know, I'm missing the shoulder Armor - that's story in itself)...
Boba Fett Profile.jpg

Quite a bit I needed to trim, yeah? Well, since I have no family or friends that can sew, I took it to my local seamstress lady and she got me fixed up, and here is the difference.....
Happiest Halloween 2021 - Pic 7.jpg

A lot was taken off, yeah? But I can assure you it is indeed 1/2 an inch.

And though it's a little difficult to see in the screen pics below, but the short vest in relation to the abdominal armor is evident....
Boba Fett - ROTJ Screen Pic.jpg

Boba Fett - ROTJ.jpg

Again, I think that is what BudaFett was referring to, and if not, I'll let him clarify. Oh also, your other items you provided pictures on look amazing! Great job!
:cool:(y)

Best
-Iron

Last edited:
This is a better picture of the blue on flight suit im pretty sure this meets requirements as I havnt heard of anyone else dying arkadys suit but I may be wrong , it would be difficult to dye as the collar is all part of the suit

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220411-091046_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220411-091046_Gallery.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
This is a better picture of the blue on flight suit im pretty sure this meets requirements as I havnt heard of anyone else dying arkadys suit but I may be wrong , it would be difficult to dye as the collar is all part of the suit

If that's the same suit I'd leave the colors alone.

Make sure when you take pictures your lighting is better.

Blaster1965
Yeah, that's the blue I was talking about!
(y)
They don't even look like the same suit color wise in those pics - Hahaha!
1649690262624.png

Lighting and distance/perspective are huge in taking approval pictures or asking for questions/help.
Agreed!

All this being said, what you have here looks like an approvable ESB Fett. But I'm no GML, they may see things or pick on things I'm totally missing. I do know that Krewkid82 JUST went through an approval process himself - I can't recall if they denied his first submittal but I do know that he has an approvable 501st costume with the Star Garrison I believe! And he's been on a few troops as well! Maybe he's willing to step in and critique a little bit.

Best,
-Iron

Last edited:
Yes sir I have been approved recently. The first time I reached out for approval I didn't have enough weathering on my suit in my opinion but they still approved me. I didn't dye my arkady flightsuit at all just added the weathering. I think the strictness of the approval is up to the GML's and your Garrison that you choose. Mine didn't have any active Boba Fett's so I think they were just happy to have me. There's something weird about seeing yourself in costume and seeing others. To me I don't look like fett and I constantly see all the mistakes. Others though like Irongladiator, Budafett, or you yourself to me look like fett. All you can do is follow the CRL, send in your photos, and hope for the best. From what I've seen I think you'll make a good fett for the garrison of your choosing.

Yes sir I have been approved recently. The first time I reached out for approval I didn't have enough weathering on my suit in my opinion but they still approved me. I didn't dye my arkady flightsuit at all just added the weathering. I think the strictness of the approval is up to the GML's and your Garrison that you choose. Mine didn't have any active Boba Fett's so I think they were just happy to have me. There's something weird about seeing yourself in costume and seeing others. To me I don't look like fett and I constantly see all the mistakes. Others though like Irongladiator, Budafett, or you yourself to me look like fett. All you can do is follow the CRL, send in your photos, and hope for the best. From what I've seen I think you'll make a good fett for the garrison of your choosing.
Would love to see some pics of your weathering ect please

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back