ESB EE3 Breach Greeblie(s).

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
I also considered a range of flanges seeing as the plumbing connection is established on other props and the possibility of the maclow clip I dug up a few years back.
 

Reebash

New Hunter
Hey all. As far as I can tell, the "mystery disc" is now the "conrod disc", but is still not finally identified? I'm building an Empire EE3 from a real Webley&Scott, but found something from a completely different angle that I haven't seen mentioned in my searches of the forums. This could totally have been dismissed already. But I'd rather mention it than not, just in case. I tried to track down the most current/active thread on the topic to post.

I also build plastic models (spaceships, airplanes), and I was searching ebay for used/partial plastic kits for cheap that I could kitbash from (take parts form the kit and use them for other things on my models.) This kit showed up in that search and, right in the middle of the page, screaming at me, was something I had to stop and look at again, and again, and again...

s-l1600.jpg


Age of the kit would make it plausible time-wise. Seems like the right size disc, with some of the right features. (but with no holes, other than the center, obviously). So even if it's not this car, it seems like looking at old plastic model car wheels would be worthwhile.



Also, because this is the place to share this kind of thing, because nobody else in the world cares. :) Here's the bits of my EE3 coming together:
img_0576-jpg.jpg
 

intwenothor

Well-Known Hunter
Reebash, I looked at the possibility of using a master replicas darth Vader FX tube some years ago but couldn't make it work because the tube was too thick; how did you make it fit?
 

Reebash

New Hunter
Reebash, I looked at the possibility of using a master replicas darth Vader FX tube some years ago but couldn't make it work because the tube was too thick; how did you make it fit?
:) I haven't actually done it yet. I was waiting to start until I had all the bits, and I think I just got the last ones today.
You hit the nail on the head with the MR. It is, indeed, too thick. At first I thought I would have a little bit machined off. But then it looks like things with chrome, or plating in general, can be difficult to lathe. And I don't want to waste any machinist's time/equipment on this. So, to be honest, my next approach was going to be to get it in some kind of chuck to hold it straight while rotating, and I'd just take an angle grinder to it to bring the base down so it'll fit in the barrel. :)
 

Reebash

New Hunter
:) I haven't actually done it yet. I was waiting to start until I had all the bits, and I think I just got the last ones today.
You hit the nail on the head with the MR. It is, indeed, too thick. At first I thought I would have a little bit machined off. But then it looks like things with chrome, or plating in general, can be difficult to lathe. And I don't want to waste any machinist's time/equipment on this. So, to be honest, my next approach was going to be to get it in some kind of chuck to hold it straight while rotating, and I'd just take an angle grinder to it to bring the base down so it'll fit in the barrel. :)
So, strangely, I have to contradict my own research here. I'm a little bit stumped, but I can't deny what I'm seeing.

I just got everything together, and went ahead and tried the MR handle, and it fit /perfectly/. Like a machined fitting. I swear it was /obviously/ too thick before. They're both at room temp, and kept in the same case, so it can't be something crazy like the temp changing the size. Weird.

Here's pics of the full thing, and then as far as it will go in smoothly with no resistance. Comes out clean. (smudges are from when I was removing the MR plastic). Obviously just inserted all the way as a test. I'll get it in the right place. :)

This is pretty awesome, and saves me a bunch of work I thought i was going to have to do to prep the handle. :)

IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg
 
Top